Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what configuration do I need to change in Lewpie's plugins so I can see the command options when I go into a batte screen in FF9.....Please Help!....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I dunno lewpy s plugins...

But it s an offscreen drawing problem...try the modes there are in it...(activate it tough)

Bye

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no that only effects going into battle...it's when I'm in battle and I need to select fight,item, magic.....there's nothing there...I can get it to work fine with Pete's plugin...but I much rather use Lewpy's...faster and better graphics

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
well, like i said before, I m not using lewpy s plugins.
I dunno its features.

Well, i guess u should read the readme.
BTW, it should be an offscreen drawing problem...

Anyone who possess a Voodoo is there?

Thx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trust me I read through all the readme stuff...plus Lewpy has pretty cool explanation feature for the all the configurations...this is the explanation that he has for off-screen drawing......

n the PSX, it is very easy to draw primitives to areas of VRAM that are not actually being displayed. These rendered images can then be re-used as textures that are actually displayed on the screen. This is emulated by using software routines to draw the primitives in the emulated PSX VRAM.

Disabled does not use any software routines. This is the fastest option, but will not display some styles of PSX rendering.

Basic uses software routines to render primitives that are determined not to be in the visible area of the PSX VRAM.

Extra takes the off-screen drawing a step further, with another level of checking. If an attempt is made to use a display buffer as a texture, then full off-screen drawing will be enabled, but only for the necessary amount of time. As soon as recursive texturing stops, the off-screen drawing falls back to Basic mode.

Extra+FBR is the same as Extra, but includes a framebuffer read at the start of full VRAM rendering, which is often necessary. This setting is designed for those that want swirly-screen effects, etc. but don't want framebuffer read access enabled all the time (note: designed with FFIX in mind!).

Full draws all primitives in to PSX VRAM using software routines at all times. It's like running a software plugin at the same time, so is obvious very processor-intensive, and can slow down emulation by a very large amount. But, it allows literally all PSX rendering techniques to be emulated.
--------------------------------------------

I've tried most of the other configurations and no luck...somebody has to use Lewpy's plugin....Lewpy you there..???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh yes..that would do it...

hey rargh you were right I should have read the readme better!...it says right it in there....

This is an experimental method (i.e.. it may or may not work) of detecting the time at which the PSX application switches between ('flips') using the frontbuffer (the graphics that are displayed on the screen) and the backbuffer (the area where graphics are drawn to, in preparation to be displayed on the next 'flip' of buffers).

I had to make some modifications to the code that detects a 'flip' between buffers (non-trivial in a hardware GPU!!) so that the battle-menus in Final Fantasy games worked properly, and since I wasn't sure whether it would mess up other games, I made it a selectable option. So, if it messes up a games, you can disable it for that game.

Thanx for the help!!!!very much appreciated...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Some people....:wink:

J/K, BTW, people should always try to configure emulators w/ on their own first, reading all they should need. Before questions here...

It s just an advice of course.

Sawasdee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts