Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! First off, great community. Many of you have already helped me at numerous times, and so I thank you all.

Let me state that I own FF9, but DL'ed the ISO's due to issues with Disc 2 (continuous freeze at same location). So, no warez here!

Now, on to the issue.

I just got access to chocobo's. Every time I get the chest located "Between Two Mountains" in the southwest corner of the continent, the world glitches. Sometimes it draws a cliff and ocean where there should be land, sometimes it corrupts the Chocobo Forest image. Either way, this completely locks my game. I can run around indefinitly on the chocobo, but if I try to get off or enter the forest, the game locks and becomes unresponsive.

I have no idea what this could possibly be. I have used Petes D3D and DX6 D3D drivers and they have the same issues. I do not use the OpenGL 2 driver due to performance issues on the World Map (slow/choppy), but I tested with it and had the same results. Here are my settings:

Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: RADEON X700 Series

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: on
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000a00]

Otherwise, the game runs great. World Map, battle, FMV, etc. All other issues have been address by other posts on the board. Please help me out! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BRILLIANT said:
sigh... Downloading copyrighted ISOs is illegal no matter what...
Incorrect. If you own the original property, then you have every right to play and experience the game. I cannot make my own ISO of Disc 2, simply because of the same issue I mentioned in the original post.

The Warez policy in the rules states the following:

"NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed."

So again, I will repeat that I own the entire game, all 4 discs, which I purchased from Gamestop. I did not play the game within the 30-days allowed for returns, so when I discovered this issue it was already too late. But I legally obtained the rights play the game.

Please don't troll. Be helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Instead of assuming stuff, go ask sony or whoever.
Downloading ISOs is illegal.
You bought the right to play your copy of the game, not every copy in the universe.
You can make an ISO from your own copy only.

and as far as being helpful goes, your problem is probably because of a bad ISO (yes, the one that you illegally downloaded)

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
denmeek said:
Incorrect. If you own the original property, then you have every right to play and experience the game. I cannot make my own ISO of Disc 2, simply because of the same issue I mentioned in the original post.
As you wrote above that I bolded, you have to own the original source of that ISO for you to have the rights to it. You didn't pay for that exact copy meaning you don't have the rights to it. The copy you have was created using someone else's software meaning it belongs to them and not you. You can't say it's legal becuase that person offered it up on the internet becuase distributing that software is illegal to the owner (you don't gain that right when buying it, only to play it). In other words, numerous people now own what's supposed to be one copy.

You can argue that you payed for yours and have the right to play because you have the physical discs all you want, but it's illegal. That's not your property. NGEmu could get into trouble giving support in such cases. Not much else I can say.
denmeek said:
Let me state that I own FF9, but DL'ed the ISO's due to issues with Disc 2 (continuous freeze at same location). So, no warez here!
Just curious as to why you downloaded all the ISOs if only disc two has a problem?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
sorry folks, this topic is never up for discussion. [rules]the rules are the rules[/rules] and we here at Ngemu are strict constructionists (if you ever learned about US history), so sorry to say denmeek, but you're wrong. and it will not be discussed any further, so don't bother arguing.

http://ri.essortment.com/cdcare_rvok.htm you may want to have a look at that link, it will help you take a little better care of your CDs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.