Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i wonder if u all could help me.I am playing (I used to play it from orig CDs but ISOs are quite better)FF9 and on disc 3 when you defeat Regent Cid in card tournament Kuja is about to attack Alexandria with Bahamut and he comes from behind the statue of that herione and when he finishes his monologue (where should be some FMW with Bahamut)my ePSX 1.5.2. crashes.Can you help me to skip that FMW or fix that prob.?I am using PPF patching UK ver..What is strange that all FMWs to that one were going well.Thanks in advance (oh and if u are going to tell me to type in command line some commands, tell me how to write to command line:emb: I am kinda stupid y´know)

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.83GHz
256 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600
ST380011A 80 GB
Windows XP

used settings
Video: Pete´s OpenGL2 Driver 2.7 default setting Nice
Sound: Eternal SPU plugin 1.41 default setting +Enabled ADPCM,CDROM,XA in MDEC
Cdrom: SaPu´s CD-ROM plugin 1.0
Bios:SCPH1001.bin

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
simply download EPSXE 1.60, 1.52 is old!! (NOTE!!: keep 1.52, in the village of dali you also FMW crash, but only in 1.60 and not in 1.52), if that does not help try to set the quick graphics plugins setup to "fast", and if that don't work try "nice", and to avoid having to go through the card game tournament use a save state when u've won/lost. alternatively turn of MDEC filter, turn down internal y and x resolution and possibly pixel shaders (i haven't got to have the pleasure of using those yet, my comp sux).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I´ve just tried the settings you told me but the problem remains just like before.I have savstate 3secs before the FMW starts(i wonder if this helps though).I read somewhere that there was plugin that was fixing these FMW crashes in FF9. Maybe u could skip it for me?

Here is my mem card with saves for those who would be so nice to skip it for me...It is saved before the final round of card tournament with cid.Thanks for help in advance:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also unexpectedly ran into this problem after having successfully played ffix on ePSXe before. It seems that the problem arises from the way ePSXe does save states. The movie will not load if you loaded the game from a save state (possibly during the card tournament if you lost against Cid and tried again). Make sure last loaded the game from a memory card save before reaching this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.