Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the point where Kuja summons bahamut against alexandria, the FMV doesn't load. it just stops, FPScount continuing at a high rate.
I've tried disabling the mdecs using this command line: "C:\Program Files\epsxe>FinalFantasy9cd3 *-nomdec", but it says "demo not found". am I doing something wrong? I am running off of a dl'd file(I do own the game. twice, in fact), and it hasn't had a problem before this. I heard someone else have this problem except that it was just running REALLY slowly, I left this on for 6 hours when I went to work and nothin'.

my plugin settings are as follows:
Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: RADEON X300/X550 Series

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode

Textures:
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 50.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 0
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: off
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00004200]

Sound: Eternal SPU plugin 5.0.
(I set the settings to as low as possible, to try to see if that would help, but it was to no avail.

I AM going from a saved state. I do have a memcard file, but it's like 15 minutes back in the game, and I don't think it'd help using it anyways.

Mainly I'm asking for help with the -nomdec command.... if it can get the video skipped, I won't mind... I saw the video on my first run through the game years ago, before my disc 3 CD broke:( (ironically, I bought another disc 3 off the interwebs, and it doesn't work either :rolleyes:)

Oh, and I'm aware of it being annoying when someone creates an account and has the first post being one of request (at least it's annoying on some boards online), I just REALLY want to play the rest of this game...

EDIT: in the ePSXeCutor, I also have "enable MDECXA" UNchecked.

EDIT2: The command line now reads "*-nomdec c:\epsxe\epsxe -loadbin c:\epsxe\FinalFantasy9cd3.iso", the game WILL start, however, no mdecs are skipped.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
I am running off of a dl'd file(I do own the game. twice, in fact), and it hasn't had a problem before this.

I heard someone else have this problem except that it was just running REALLY slowly, I left this on for 6 hours when I went to work and nothin'.
Read the rules.

NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed.

Your thread will be attended to by a moderator later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's not illegal if you own the game, which I do. If you'd like, I can take pictures of my game CDs (along with a message to show it's me) and post them here.

The only reason I am using the 'warez' is because my Disc 3s have A: snapped and B: just didn't work in the first place (damn you eBay!).

And I'm not asking for any help at all in regards to the 'warez', I only really want to know if there's a way to skip the FMV sequence. I apologize for breaking the rules, I just thought that it wasn't illegal if I owned the original game CDs. I have not ever downloaded a 'ware(z?)' that I did not own. (EDIT: well, I did ONCE, and I payed for it by having a virus attached to it make me have to reformat my hard drive. I learned my lesson. :p)

EDIT2: fireblaster_lyz, whenever I glance at your avatar, it looks like Luffy (sp?) from One Piece... just for a second, but it does look like it...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ITS ILLEGAL. You own license to one copy of a game, and now you have 2.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you need to buy a new copy of the game, pirated images are the last thing you want to be using when troubleshooting, all they do is add more problems to the mix and often lead nowhere in regards to solving the current one. there are guides on this board that will show you how to make an image correctly, all you need to do is track down a new copy and use the guides.

closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.