Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing FF9 and never before have i been so irritated with an rpg and random encounters. Not only are they incredibly frequent but they take much longer than they should to start and finish.

I have been experimenting with the fps limit and frame skipping options and have found a way to double the frame rate to 120 but when its time for a battle it goes back down to around 60 fps. This is when f4 is pressed and frame limit is off. I then tried playing with frame skipping, and while turned on it maintains that 120fps but it makes my menus disappear which i suppose is manageable since it is just grinding but still annoying not knowing how much health my characters have.

My question is, is there some way i can map these keys as buttons on my controller or is there a more efficient way to fast forward the fight scenes than pressing f4 (to turn fps limit off) and then End (to turn Frame skipping on) and then having to turn them off manually when the fight concludes, rinse and repeat.

Thanks for any help i know it seems like a small problem but its been getting on my nerves and i may not finish the game unless i can do something about it. Emulator works great though!

· Registered
7 Posts
I have been playing FF9 and never before have i been so irritated with an rpg and random encounters. Not only are they incredibly frequent but they take much longer than they should to start and finish.

I have been experimenting with the fps limit and frame skipping options and have found a way to double the frame rate to 120 but when its time for a battle it goes back down to around 60 fps. This is when f4 is pressed and frame limit is off. I then tried playing with frame skipping, and while turned on it maintains that 120fps but it makes my menus disappear which i suppose is manageable since it is just grinding but still annoying not knowing how much health my characters have.

My question is, is there some way i can map these keys as buttons on my controller or is there a more efficient way to fast forward the fight scenes than pressing f4 (to turn fps limit off) and then End (to turn Frame skipping on) and then having to turn them off manually when the fight concludes, rinse and repeat.

Thanks for any help i know it seems like a small problem but its been getting on my nerves and i may not finish the game unless i can do something about it. Emulator works great though!
If you have PEC, there's a code to disable random battles. Also, what version of ePSXe are you using and what plugin? I'm using Pete's OpenGL 2.7 and I've never experienced any of these issues with FFIX. I usually let mine run without an FPS limit using 1.5.2 and so everything goes super blazing fast and I like it.

No Random Battles (Overworld Map)
D00A897C 1821
800A899A 2400
No Random Battles (Everywhere Else)
D0038DD0 202A
80038DD6 1000
What's your system's specs as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.