Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here.
This is my first time plauing FF9. I'm using ePSXe 1.7.0 with Pete OpenGL2 v2.9.
There are a lot of films (you call them FMVs, right?) that FF9 do not play, just play a few seconds or half of the film so I cannot enjoy the game.
Eg: The films that introduce the airship and Black Waltz #3 (disc 1) are just played for 5 seconds.
Can anybody help me, please?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
have you been using save states?

·
Registered
603 Posts
have you been using save states?
I'd go with this since I had the exact same problem.

FMVs either mess up, or don't play at all (resulting in a black screen with sounds of the starting period of the FMV, and not continuing), if you use Save States too much.

Solution:
Load the actual Memory Card save and try again.

Also turn off PEC Codes if you're running them, they tend to mess FF9 from time to time as well, also leading to crashing if you run too many at once or too long.

Even if you rely on States, always remember to save on your memory card from time to time too whenever you can, so that you don't waste tons of time if your game ends up bugged like that.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Save states are not the problem. Save states with buggy, incomplete, and bad rips is the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I don't think using save states is my problem. The game did not stop or crash. It simply went thought the FMVs, FF9 just countinued without playing FMVs?!
About PEC codec, I don't what is it so I don't think that I'm using it. Even if I'm using it, I don't know how to turn it off.

Edit: I tried to run with memory card saves but this problem still happen?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.