Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing ff9 using pete's opengl2 driver 2.9 and it's been going perfectly. All of a sudden, near the beginning of disc 3 (kuja is in alexandria
calling down bahamut), it looks like its going to jump to an fmv and it just
blackscreens. This is weird because every fmv before this has played faultlessly.

i've tried with pete's d3d driver 1.77, pete's dx6 d3d driver 1.77 and
pete's opengl driver 1.77. all work a bit worse than opengl2 2.9 but it
still goes blackscreen.

any ideas or more info i should provide?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
The problem is a poorly ripped image, use your own disk!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used a rip of my own disc. i guess i can look into running the game from the cd instead of the iso. Is it difficult? and will the save game i have work if i run from the disc instead of iso?

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
its not difficult, just change the cd plug-in to to one of the many for reading form the cd drive and point it to load from the cd drive you plan to load the disk in!

Your saves will work with either the iso or the real disk

I would suggest sapu as it has better fault tolerance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i tried running from cdrom using sapu but it did not work, however using pete's peops cdrom driver and pointing it towards the ppf filefor disc three
it ran fine. However ,same drama. At the point it looks like kuja is about to
summon bahamut, it just black screens.

are you positive the only solution is a bad disc (and therefore bad disc image)?
seems like the only solution then is to find a second copy of the game and
try ripping the third disc of that copy.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
that would be the only solution

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
ok i tried running from cdrom using sapu but it did not work, however using pete's peops cdrom driver and pointing it towards the ppf filefor disc three
it ran fine. However ,same drama. At the point it looks like kuja is about to
summon bahamut, it just black screens.

are you positive the only solution is a bad disc (and therefore bad disc image)?
seems like the only solution then is to find a second copy of the game and
try ripping the third disc of that copy.
see if you can get past this part on another version of epsxe or on another emulator (you can always switch back once this part is over, although its still possible that you might run into similar problems at some other point in the game). have you been using save states or have you only been loading via memory card saves? also what format did you make your image in?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
try loading directly off a memory card save and then try to get through this particular scene.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
try loading directly off a memory card save and then try to get through this particular scene.
jonc you're a champ. this worked perfectly, thankyou so much and you Darksamus for pointing me in the direction of trying it off the cd instead of iso in the first place!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ff9 disc 3 frozen

we have tried final fantasy 9 disc 3 on the playstation 1 and the playstation 2.
whenever we get to the part, Alexandria invasion the disc freezes, we thought it was the game so we bought another one, same problem with the disc

anyone have any tips on what to do? D:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually having this same problem at the exact same spot.
I've tried it on epsxe and psx emulators, multiple soft and hard gpu, tweaking settings and whatnot, loading from a memory card and save states.
I'm using an iso I've had put back for a while and no longer have the actual game disk.
When I enable logs on epsxe I get the "Warning: Isoread overflow" message.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.