Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, on Disc 4, there's a section where you're walking through space after a boss, and all that's there graphically is Zidane walking with the camera twirling around, and the background is just moving stars. My problem, however, is that the game won't continue after this point. I can access the menu, and return to the game, but the game never continues past this point. I'm using v1.5.2, with these settings:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9200SE DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 60

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00011202]

My computer isn't great, (750mhz Athlon, 192 MB ram, Radeon 9200SE), so the settings aren't too high. Still, the game won't continue. I've had this same problem with Legend of Dragoon in the tree section near the end, after you jump into the tree and before you face the moth, with the game just never moving on to the next point. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
have you tried using Peops software plugin to pass that? perhaps PSXeven? are you using save states? if so dont, just load it from the memory card.

and whatever you do, turn OFF frame skipping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried the Peops Soft plugin, Pete's Direct3D plugin, and Pete's OpenGL plugin. I've tried loading from both savestates and memory card. I've turned frameskipping off, but still nothing. Also, PSXeven won't start on my machine (it just makes an error with itself), which really isn't that big of a loss as epsxe works wonderfully, except in this case. Also, I've tried epsxe v1.5.2 and 1.6.0, to no avail.
I'm also using Windows ME, if that matters.

Are there any special gamefixes that would work?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Try creating an ISO from your disc and playing from it. Is your game PAL?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried making ISO's, same result. I'm starting to think my computer is cursed, as there doesn't seem to be anything similar in the forum archives at first glance. I've also tried a couple of different BIOSes:1000, 1001(US), 7502(PAL)... nothing works. Any suggestions, or should I just get/borrow a friend's playstation?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Well, if your game is PAL, there's a chance that you are experiencing a copy protection problem. In that case, get the ppf patch for disc 4. Also, try PSXeven and PCSX, you can use your current memcard save with both. Failing that, go play on the real thing, wich i guess you already have to play legally on your pc, as the only way is having dumped the bios from your own machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts