Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Im using ePSXe 1.5.2 and have been recently playing FF9 again. However I have come to a problem just after the FMV at the end of disc 2 where Queen Brahne attacks Kuja with bahamut, my game will crash. I have tried using another emulator, changing my sound and graphics plugins and still I get the crash. As I am running the game from an ISO i have come to the conslusion that there must be an error in it :(.

I was wondering if it is possible for me to post my memory card file for ePSXE and have somebody with the PAL version of FF9 play through to the end of disc 2 and repost the new save in this thread. If somebody would do that, then it would be great.

Also if you have any ideas on what the problem could be then that would work too. Btw I have removed the copy protection from the iso image.

-------
ePSXe 1.5.2

GPU: Petes DX7 Renderer
SPU: Eternal SPU
CDROM: ISO Image driver

·
Registered
654 Posts
You could re-make your ISO, this time setting your ISO-making tool to not ignore errors and setting the retries as high as possible. What tool did you use to make the ISO? I've had nothing but good results from Alcohol 120%.

Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, well I tried remaking the ISO again with Alcohol 120% without ignoring reading errors, reading sub-channel data on the slowest read setting and I am still getting the crash. Alcohol didnt report any read errors at all. I also tried the game on another persons computer and it still didnt work.

Does that mean that its probably a bad press from square?
I dont think that its the emulator because I also tried it on PCSX and PSXeven.

@ husypushy: Yes I did read that page when searching if anybody else had the same problem, and I have tried all of the tips that it gave me.

Thanks for the replys though

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does that mean that its probably a bad press from square?
if your copy of final fantasy 9 is a 'Greatest Hits' edition, it is quite possible.

i understand this is true for the NTSC region discs, although i am unsure as to wether the 'Greatest Hits' edition was ever released in PAL region. if so, a bad press is a possible culprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.