Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem running FF9 from a .img file, after I try to leave dali on disc 1. I get about 5 or 6 seconds into the cinema where the airship is leaving and it freezes in the exact same place every time. I'm running epsxe 1.7 with pete's opengl driver 2.9 on the nice setting. I've tweaked the settings around and that doesn't seem to be working. Also, I tried using the D3D default drivers that came with my emulator, but thoes don't seem to work either. My PC specs are:

Intel Duo Core 2.4
Dual 512MB ATI Radeon HD 3870 Crossfire Enabled
3GB 1066 DDR Ram
Windows Vista 32 Bit Home edition

All drivers are up to date as well.

Unfortunately I no longer have access to my FF9 disc, so trying a work around by playing off the disc past this point will be impossible. I've read several of the stickies and have still not been able to fix my error. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

· Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 龍我雷 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
1,377 Posts
actually pirated copy of FF9 -Kalisto- that causes this..

Although a lot of people having this problem, but even when using ePSXe 1.6.0 with original discs, never happened to me??

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Well, a lot of people have downloaded the same, screwed up image. Either that or they all ripped the game in the exact same incorrect manner.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
I know you said you're using ePSXe 1.7.0, but this is a know problem with ePSXe 1.6.0, leading me to believe that you're actually using that one.

Using either the previous (1.5.2) or newer (1.7.0) version will fix this.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Switched versions, now its working!

Thanks so much for the advice, I switched to 1.5.2 and it went right past the cut scene! I must have been using 1.6 and thought it was 1.7.

You guys rock :D

· Registered
11 Posts
I'm having the same problem.

I'm running PCSX on my MBP and I haven't had a problem til this. I'm using my real copy of FF9 and PCSX decided to hiccup at this point every time. Any Mac users here know how to fix this?

EDIT*

I do realize this is the epsxe forum, but the PCSX forum looks like it is next to nothing. This problem seems to be happening to people running epsxe so I figured I'd post here.

· From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Yeah, but the problem with ePSXe locking up at this point is due to a known bug in a certain version of ePSXe. If PCSX2 is crashing there, unless it has the same bug in it's latest version, I wouldn't think the solution would be the same.

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
The "hiccuping" occurs because of the CDR plugin. Either that or it's hardware related, involving your CD/DVD drive. Use a different plugin if possible.

Other than that, you can try installing Bootcamp and use a Windows PC emulator.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
PCSX and epsxe seem to have very similar problems.....

· Registered
3 Posts
i get this problem as well... i got past that point only once... until i died T_T

this is how:

If you've mounted the image using PowerISO or MagicISO, then "unmounting" will work. simply:
1) wait for the beginning of the movie scene to start
2) go to "my computer", right-click the drive with the mounted image in
3) click "unmount" from the Power/MagicISO menu
4) go back to ePSXe/PCSX
5) the movie should've frozen. wait a while, and if no error box comes up, you've done it right
6) go back to "my computer", and remount the image.
7) return to ePSXe/PCSX
8) the emulator should then show a black screen, then quickly skip to the next scene :D

what does this "unmounting" emulate? the well-known eject/close thing to skip ff9 movies :D

alternatively, there SHOULD be a "Eject/Close Tray" hotkey for ePSXe/PCSX, but i can never find it XD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.