Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i am having a crash in ff9 disc3.when the regen cid changes back to human.zidane goes out looking out for garnet.he finds her at the resting place.after that when garnet takes zidane's dragger and goes out,this is the point where there is problem.the scene does not changes instead a black screeen appears with a green line at the corner of the screen.is it the emulator problem or my disc3.if it is my disc3 problem then can anyone give me the savestate or memcard file just after this scene,so that i can continue my game.i have 667 celeron,64mb ram and voodoo banshee.and i am using lewpy glide plugin and i have tried every other plugin with but the same problem occurs.i also made the iso of disc3 but still the same problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
No,you just have to use a memory card concerter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have tried psxgameditor,epsxe2vgs convertor.but cannot convert the memcard.i am using temp.000 and temp.001 files.maybe they are not in new version of epsxe but i am using it perhaps from the older version.and i have ff9 US.so any idea how to solve my problem.i think it would be better if someone gives me his savestate or memcard file.
thanx

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
You have to rename the files temp.000 and temp.001 to temp.mcr and temp1(or 2 or anything you want:D ).mcr.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Schädelkeks
no you can use a memory card converter.

i think one is in the installer package of epsxe on this site.
Yeah,but strangely enough the one provided with the installer doesn't support ePSXe's memcard type!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Maybe,but if I were you,I would use Aldo's memory card manager or Aldo's memory card converter,they're simply the best.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
yeah, i always use aldo's memory card converter

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll can tell you what is causing it, and I'm sure you already know....it's a movie.

....yeah Dagger takes that dagger and.... :eek:

;)

It could very well be a scratched disk. But you should really try running FF9 off of an ISO/bin file. It's big on Harddrive Memory, but it's worth it....and with a good burner program...you may just be able to see the movie if you play the game off of your Harddrive.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So, everyone of you also encounter the same problem as neversurrender? Actually what causes the problem? Any patch to fix it or any idea? Thanks.

Regards,
Michael

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OH GOD OH GOD what to do?
here is the memory card i want to convert into vgs format can any one convert it for me?
thank you very much.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by michaelfoocyuan
So, everyone of you also encounter the same problem as neversurrender? Actually what causes the problem? Any patch to fix it or any idea? Thanks.

Regards,
Michael
No we're not experiencing the same problem as neversurrender,for me the game always ran fine(no freezes,MDECS complete,no crash)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I guess some people are lucky(or maybe they're genius:D)enough to have the game working right

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think his disk is just bad.

The only way around it, that I can think of (if an ISO doesn't work either) is to use 1.2. The 1.4 version doesn't seem to have the option. Select MDEC under Config, and deselect the enable MDEC option.

I believe doing that will skip all the movies a game plays. Which should allow you to get past that movie....If you want to know what happens in that movie. You should be able to tell by her portrat and what is said afterwards.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, please don't take offense at this question, but are you using retail disks? Not to be accusing you of anything, but that is one of the lock up points of the version we're not supposed to mention on this board.

If you are, it's probably a damaged disk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts