Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i tried it on both 1.5.2 and 1.6.0 and its freezing at the point where your boarding the cargo ship on disc 1. specificaly after the flyby of the cargo ship it will just lock up. i'd appreciate it if someone can get me past that point. (not unless stuff like this is going to be an active problem each time a fmv loads

(I dont know what files to load from the save state folder)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im running it off a CD. Im not going to turn it into an iso untill i get a new hd next week. but is it better to just run it off an iso then cd?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yeah, much better. have you had any luck? if not, ill just play through the problem spot.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
alright, i'll do it tomorrow then (it's getting late here). be sure to give me a spam in this thread like "ok, thanks" or something that will put this post back in my new posts list. i'm gonna forget :emb:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hushypushy said:
alright, i'll do it tomorrow then (it's getting late here). be sure to give me a spam in this thread like "ok, thanks" or something that will put this post back in my new posts list. i'm gonna forget :emb:

k thanks :p

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Hey I had your EXACT same problem. To get around it I had to switch my emulator and plugins so I could pass the movie. I remember I used software plugins for graphics and I may have used xeven's emulator. After that I transfered my files back to epsxe and the game worked fine. I have no idea why it errors at the cargo ship.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
man, you missed a lot. a black waltz fight, about 6 FMVs, and a bunch of story. anywho, we got through south gate, etc. just explore the castle now ;)

coolsvilleman: were you using ePSXe 1.6.0? it has a bunch of troubles with FF9, you should use 1.5.2.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hushypushy said:
man, you missed a lot. a black waltz fight, about 6 FMVs, and a bunch of story. anywho, we got through south gate, etc. just explore the castle now ;)

coolsvilleman: were you using ePSXe 1.6.0? it has a bunch of troubles with FF9, you should use 1.5.2.
well damn. i got it working with psxeven. i got passed that point so i know its not the disc.... but its just having a sound issue at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts