Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent the last week getting this game perfectly working on my computer, I hope these settings will work for you:

MUST use epsxe 1.5.2!!

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.75
GFX card: RADEON 9600 SERIES
Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode (Can take it higher if computer is fast.)
Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- VRam size: 128 MBytes
Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 60 (ff9's fps always should be 60)
Compatibility: what ever you do, DO NOT CHANGE THIS
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 3
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware
Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: on
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00006201] finally got this to work for movies.

Sound:
P.E.Ops. DSound Audio
mode: 2
reverb: 2
interpolation: 2
Enable XA : on
change XA: off
spu irq 1: on
spu irq 2: on

bios: scph7502.bin ( havent triied any others)

My computer:
AMD AthlonXP 3000+
1024MB Ram
80GB SATA
XP Pro no sp1 or sp2
RADEON 9600 SE
using onboard nforce2 audio codec.

The only problem I have is that I have a ps gamepas look-a-like and the joypads dont work with 1.5.2, but they work with 1.6.0

I went to 1.5.2 becuase i have problems with the movies where they would add the 3d characters into the movie.

Hope this work and ENJOY! :)

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Just for clarification, not everyone should have the FPS limit set to 60 as there are people here with PAL copies. The best setting would be Auto.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
why are you using crappy D3D with a radeon 9600? oO i'd recommend OGL2 for maximum fun and graphic quality (see http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=763330). but some people prefer the old plugins..in that case i'd definitely recommend you to use Pete's OGL1.75 instead. D3D is DX7 but not entirely; it doesnt properly support subtractive blending (OGL does). plus it might be me but the colors in D3D arent as good as OGL.

·
Registered
858 Posts
hushypushy said:
why are you using crappy D3D with a radeon 9600? oO i'd recommend OGL2 for maximum fun and graphic quality (see http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=763330). but some people prefer the old plugins..in that case i'd definitely recommend you to use Pete's OGL1.75 instead. D3D is DX7 but not entirely; it doesnt properly support subtractive blending (OGL does). plus it might be me but the colors in D3D arent as good as OGL.
i use OGL1.75 for all my games, i like it, OGL2 looks kinda grainy for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
d3d gives the best grafics, i dont care "if it doesnt run as well." I can see everything im suppose to and my OpenGL plungins dont work with the movies.

all i know is that EVERYthing works like it should and im like 70% through the first cd

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Just for the record, enabling frame skipping is a bad idea. I'd disable high res textures and be able to play in full 50/60fps. BTW, if ogl isn't working right for you, you should try downloading the latest ati drivers. It works like a charm for me, so does for most of the people on this boards, using either nvidia or ati drivers. In the compatibility settings, fb texture/access should work fine and faster using 2/3. Also, 0/4 can be even faster, as ati cards doesn't handle hardware frambuffer that well.

The problem with the videos isn't exclusively yours, it's a well known problem, and the solution is indeed using 1.5.2. So don't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
if you can live without subtractive blending, well go for it. the AA in OpenGL is better too btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts