Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first posting so go easy on me :eyemove:

I am currently playing FF9 PAL (UK) version, using ISOs made from my own disks, and I have patched these using Hooligan's ppf patches.
Using Alcohol, I am loading the ISOs onto a virtual drive to run them.

I have had absolutely no problems and the game has run perfectly until disk 3, where immediately after the battle with Ark, you select a team of four and glimpse a moogle locked in one of the Desert Palace cells.
ePSXe then shuts down with the message 'Opcode 3f UNK (PC 000b1878) (995561,287)'

I have tried numerous GPU and CD plugins to no success, and am only using in-game saves, and not savestates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried that HushyPushy but couldn't get FF9 to work on the other emulators.
Anyway, I'm just gonna post my memcard file in the hope that someone with the PAL version of the game could get me past this point and save a.s.a.p.

They'd have to beat Ark again for me, as the save is just before the battle, and then hopefully let me know how much of the story I've missed :bow:

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well the other emulators are really similar to ePSXe, and they both support ePSXe's memory cards. what happened when you tried PSXeven and SSSPSX?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just get Windows errors all the time with SSSPSX.

With PSXeven if I use a PPF patched ISO, or even apply the patch to the actual CD at runtime using Pete's CDR plugin, I'll get the initial patch screen where you can apply cheats, but a black screen after that, not the 'Squaresoft Presents' white writing that should appear.

If I don't use a PPF patch but set PSXeven to read subchannels, I just get a black screen.

Again, I've tried multiple plugins including P.E.O.Ps and Petes for GPU, sound, CD, etc.

Is there another board in this forum that this thread should or could be put, where people post memcard files for people to progress or something like that?

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.