• The Dragoon

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Little Angel

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The Red Head

• The Cook

• I just can't decide! They are all so cool!

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a poll I don't think I have seen on the message board. Who is your favorite (main) character from ff9?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Re: ff7

Originally posted by Mandi02
i think the characters and story was the best in ff7.. anyway, zidane is the best *votevote*
I disagree. His tail looks like 'he's trying to poop a long one and it got stuck' (curtesy of [edit] forgot website has links to roms [edit]), he's too yappy, and Cloud's just cooler. I like Vivi just because he's the only one that doesn't really get on anyone's nerves.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
My Favorite FF 9 Character , that's a good one , i think it's Vivi , Zidane would be the next choice !

S

·
0 Posts
My favorite has got to be Robo J/K LOL:D :D :D :D Seriously, my favorite is Vivi. He seems so small and lost, he just makes you want to take him home and take care of him. I mean, questioning ones own existance, as Vivi does throughout the game. What could be more sad than that?
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Considering that FF9 is one of the worst FF ever(correction,the worst)I don't really like its characters,Zidane just isn't interesting,Dagger is so annoying always wanting to be so kind and help her mother,Amarant just doesn't speak and he doesn't have any background story(as almost all other characters of the game),Steiner is just boring and too idiot,Eiko is just a kid that you want to kill(first time in my life I wanted to do such a thing!)Quina,well,it just isn't a character,Freya isn't too bad and Vivi,well,Vivi is cool:eek:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Raziel: Heh, I agree with everything you said but the worst FF bit (although I believe it is definitely one of the worst). Freya's the only one I found remotely interesting.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Raziel: Heh, I agree with everything you said but the worst FF bit (although I believe it is definitely one of the worst). Freya's the only one I found remotely interesting.
Yeah,at least a part of the game is dedicated to her story(Burmecia and Cleyra)cause except Zidane and just a bit for Dagger,other characters have nothing.
Oh and I can assure you that we're not the only one thinking about FF9 this way(Rargh too,and most of my friends think of it this way).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Raziel

Yeah,at least a part of the game is dedicated to her story(Burmecia and Cleyra)cause except Zidane and just a bit for Dagger,other characters have nothing.
Oh and I can assure you that we're not the only one thinking about FF9 this way(Rargh too,and most of my friends think of it this way).
But isn't that what FF9 is meant to be about? Other than Steiner and Garnet, the characters are basically "nobodys" as far as the political and social view of things. The story is about how they band together to defeat evil and discover themselves(as well as each other) during the journey. Their background is relevant only in that it relates that they are not "important people" in their world.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah maybe,but what I like in a RPG is when all characters have a reason to be in the team,or if they have a story of why they are here,which isn't the case in FF9(i.e. Amarant who just wants to know why he can't beat Zidane/why Zidane wants to help people for free.)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zidane promises to prtect the princess after the kidnapping and all that. Then, he becomes one of the few that can save the world. I think that's a good enough reason for him to be in and stay in the party. Amarant, if nothing else, see a teacher in Zidane. As you said, Amarant wants to know why Zidane can beat him. Amarant sees the party as an opportunity to make himself stronger. He will risk his life for a cause he does not neccessarily believe in because he wishes to follow the guy that does care if the cause is successful.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Are you on crack or something?

·
gone postal
1,569 Posts
Vivi's definetely the coolest, he looks cool and acts cool, zidane is just annoying with all his failed attempts w/dagger. Vivi, even tho the youngest (i think) @ 9yrs., he's still the most mature (esp. considering wat happens 2 him throughout the story). not 2 mension he has the coolest moves...

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
amarant is the best character from FF9, hands down

1 - 20 of 21 Posts