Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've been reading through some of the posts here but I haven't managed to make much of 'em, sadly. My biggest problem is that whatever I do, ePSXe won't run an ISO I mount (I've tried both Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%, as well as multiple plugins). With some plugins, everything stops when the DOS window says "spu open," and with some I just get an error message before anything even happens in the DOS window.

The other thing, the FF9 thing, is as follows: how do I even start the thing if it's from an NTSC ISO, mounted or not? Everything just goes black. I'm not 100% sure it's actually NTSC, but I've tried like everything that's supposed to fix PAL ones without any results, and all I ever see here is stuff about the PAL version.

Also, I've tried these CD-Rom plugins:

P.E.Op.S CDR Driver 1.4 (This is the one that gives the error message before anything even happens)
ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2
Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8
Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL Driver 1.11
Xeven's Cdr Driver 0.93

Any help appreciated, and if you need any additional info, just say so and I'll dig it up. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the thing is that I don't currently have a config for either--as they've been acting up, I've tried all sorts of things. I can post what they're currently set as though:

Sound: P.E.Op.S Audio Driver 1.8

ADPCM sound enabled
CDDA sound enabled
XA sound enabled
SPU IRQ enabled
Mode: 1: High compatibility mode (timer event, slower)
Volume: 1: medium
Reverb: 2: PSX reverb
2: Gaussian interpolation (good quality)
XA playing enabled
Change XA speed if played too fast enabled
Everything else disabled

CD: P.E.Op.S CDR Driver 1.4

Interface: none
Drive: the one I've mounted the ISO on
Read mode: I don't even know what to put here, but currently it's BE_1 (ATAPI SPEC 1), and auto-detection don't seem to wanna work. "Please note: you have to insert a PSX CD for read mode detection" is all it says.
Caching mode: none, reads one sector
Limit speed and the thing under it disabled
Try again on reading error enabled
Use PPF patch file disabled
Read subchannels disabled

That's about it. Again though, that's only the current setup. I've tried various things.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well, where do you live? that's how you'd determine if the disc is from NTSC or PAL..unless you downloaded it :nono:

anywho, just go to File--Run ISO

what are your computer specs? you should be using Eternal for sound, and probably one of Pete's HW pluginsfor gfx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the ISO from my brother's disc (Which is basically the same as downloading it anyway, I guess) and he's got a modded PSX and thus imports/downloads a lot. He didn't have a case for it so I dunno if it's PAL or not.

My specs are;

1.8Ghz, P4, 512 DDR and a 64 mb Geforce 3. Anything else you need to know?

And as for File--Run ISO, when I do that, the DOS window goes to "Spu open..." and then nothing happens. This seems to be common for PAL versions (Correct me if I'm wrong) but I tried PPF patching and nothing different happened, unless I did it wrong.

·
All Heroes Must Die
60 Posts
I don't know if i had the right to say that you are a (.....). anyone else fill a correct word on the bracket, please.
First, you should read those readmes within every plugin's zip file, before you jump to this forum. They will "teach" you on how to configure them properly.
Anyway, these are some basic settings i often use (i use winXP and winme):

For Peops Audio:
- disable SPU IRQ. this is only used for certain game.
- for mode, just pick a mode that says "fast".
- everything else should be just fine if you have a quite fast PC.

for Peops CDR:
- first, if you want to read the game directly from CD, you have to choose Interface depending on your OS (for WinXP, pick the ioctl scsi commands).
- pick the drive where you put your psx cd.
- read mode, i have Creative CD drive and i usually BE_2 (ATAPI SPEC 2), it worked fine. i guess it will work too on any other brands.
[auto detection did not and will never work cause you hadn't set all options above properly, especially the first two]
- for caching mode, pick "thread read" for WinXP, or "async read" for winMe
- some cd drive may need "don't wait...." option to be enabled (i need them on my ASUS).
- leave other options as it is.

just wondering, i guess you haven't configure your GPU properly as well:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the GPU configured after some dude's FF9 recommendation (Can't remember the name), and I haven't touched that, so I imagine that should work. Anyway, thanks a lot for the help and I'll try that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well, good news is that I don't get the error anymore, but it still stops at "Spu open..." like with the other CD plugins. I'm looking around the board once more to see if there's anything I've missed.

·
All Heroes Must Die
60 Posts
it's normal to have that message ("Spu Open..."), like the message "closing spu..." and "shutdown gpu..." when you close epsxe. but did your game load?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
ngemu doesn't provide support for warez. so if you got the ISO off a burned/downloaded CD well then that's warez isn't it? for all we know it could be the game. go to the store, buy a legal, real copy of the game (in most countries this will be exceedingly cheap, just find it used). hell, i found this auction in about 20 seconds: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8132746371&rd=1 , get it shipped to any country for cheap. so now, you have no excuse ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.