Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started playing FF9, and when I get to Disc 2 where i'm supposed to enter Cleyra(that whirling sandstorm), the emulation freezes, and when i look in the DOS-box console window it says error reading CD at a such and such sector. I tried different CD Plugins and this didn't seem to help so I then tried using my other CD reader and that didn't work. Eventually I got another copy and tried it and it had the exact same error! Please post if you konw how to get around this. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
154 Posts
I personnaly havent had that problem. Using the US/NTSC cd's
but also i never actually ran FF9 at anytime of the cd's i always ran it as an iso, it may help if you make it into an iso. there are many good programs for doing this.
hope this helped.

iso prog - CDRWIN - www.goldenhawk.de

~fluffy~

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem too when i'm using VGS.When i switch to ePSXe there is no such problem.Try using pete D3D driver 1.49 for video and barrett-kazzuya CDR driver 1.1 for cd-rom.

Hope this helps.
;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I already use ISOs too and they give the same error, and i tried using the Barret-Kazzuya CD plugin with Pete's D3D, i can get a glimpse of the next screen, but then it freezes again and the console says something like Sense key and illegal request. If anyone has any other ideas on how to get past this problem could they please help? Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Okay, you might want to try this. Get a hold of Pete's CD Plugin 1.2. It is available at PSXEMU.com. Give it a try and when you go to configure it, you will se an option to set you CD drive/writer to 2x speed. Check this option. Now your drive/writer should run PSX games at 2x speed, which is the speed of an actual PSX CD unit. See, if this helps w/your problem. I tried it w/my CD Writer and Gauntlet Legends. The writer would spin up and spin down constantly, which really messed up the game. W/Pete's plugin and the 2x option enabled, no more problems. Gauntlet Legends works perfectly. Best of Luck.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried that out and it idn't really work, the best i can do is to not have the emulation freeze up by using my DVD drive, but all i get is a black screen even though the Frame rate is still changing. so i'm kinda giving up on this, maybe if i used a different BIOS (i'm using 1000 and didn't know that you couldn't change the BIOS and still use the same save state) so can anyone tell me how to save a good game or give me a save from that area? (disc one, after dagger arrives in Treno) When I try to save, it saves and then gets deleted just like you guys have all been saying, and someone said to take the temp.000 and temp.001 files and rename them with the *.mcr extension, which i tried but the game said the save was corrupt. so if anyone has a save or can tell me how to save correctly please help. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got it to work!
I post it so that if anyone has had a similar problem they'll know a workaround.
so...reading posts about memory cards problems, it seems that just restarting the emulation (Menu Run -> Reset) allows you to access the saves. And when looking at the Console window, it reloads the BIOS file. Since I was trying to get my game to SCPH 7502 instead of the 1000 i was using, i thought well what if i renamed my scph7502.bin file just before i reset the emulation? so i loaded the game with my savestate under 1000, then saved and pressed Esc. Then went into explorer and made a copy of scph1000.bin (just in case) deleted the original scph1000.bin and renamed my scph 7502.bin to scph1000.bin. then went back to the emulator and said reset, which it then loaded fine! then i was able to get past the part that kept freezing on me. turned out it was one of those MDECs that also have you moving around in it, so maybe that was causing problems. so anyways for those people debating whether or not BIOSes make a difference they do. Thanks to all the people who replied to this post.

S

·
0 Posts
Great, thanks for sharing. I'm sure that this information will be of use to other users. Thanks again.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts