Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I did find a thread on this but, unfortunately, it was closed before the problem could be worked out. I have tried ePSXe160 and ePSXe152 but the problem occured in both versions. Basicaly it doesnt recognize the disk as FF9cd2... Ive tried remaking the image files multiple times and have confirmed that the all the files are there... Is there anything you think I could do?? Your help is appreciated...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea Im sorry I forgot to mention that I have tried that. Also im 99% sure it isnt the disc itself because I returned to my friends house poped it into his PS2 and it worked fine. Maybe its something to do with the way the CD is being copied?

·
Registered
654 Posts
What image-making program are you using?

If it's Alcohol, make sure it is set to [highlight]not[/highlight] ignore errors. Set it for maximum retries when reading. Use the Playstation profile and capture subchannel data.

If an image-making program is set to ignore errors and you have a marginal disk, when it encounters a read error instead of slowing the disk down and retrying the read, it will just assume the error is part of some kind of copy protection and copy the error into the image.

Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dbhankins said:
What image-making program are you using?

If it's Alcohol, make sure it is set to [highlight]not[/highlight] ignore errors. Set it for maximum retries when reading. Use the Playstation profile and capture subchannel data.

If an image-making program is set to ignore errors and you have a marginal disk, when it encounters a read error instead of slowing the disk down and retrying the read, it will just assume the error is part of some kind of copy protection and copy the error into the image.

Dan
Ok thanks I will try this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
_mr_m_ said:
yes, but the thing is youre using ISOs of discs you dont own. that is illegal. and against the rules here.
once hushypushy sees this, youre gonna get shut down
I registered to say this... Shut up.

You think what she/he is doing is illegal fine, but let a mod sort it out instead of you being a moron and talking down to him or her like your this massive well respected veteran that rules with an iron fist, whereas you just registed about 3 months ago and only have 70 posts. Pfft.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
alright alright, calm down everyone.

mr m: i appreciate that you know the rules...but it's not your job to serve justice. when you're out driving and you see a person speeding, do you pull them over? i should hope not. let the police do that. same thing here. if you see something being done wrong, either use the "report post" button or just leave it alone.

chriseid: you could very well be lying, but i'll trust you here anyway; im a good guy. also, dont triple post. just use the edit button ;)

Yea: you must've been pretty frustrated :rolleyes: :p just a little OT, are you an emuforums lurker, a friend of chriseid, neither, or both? just wondering.

anywho, chriseid, if you're certain that the discs you're using are from the same set (i.e. same version and region etc) then it should, of course work. what happens when you save at the end of disc 1, then close ePSXe, put in disc2, and try to load up the end-of-disc-1 save? it should recognize it then load it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Let me stick this in before my rant starts...ISO Buster works great for me for making images. I do not own Alcohol 120% so I cannot vouch for it firsthand, but I make all of my PSX images with ISO Buster and rarely have problems with the image, even when using poorly maintained discs. So if you want something free to make images with, I would suggest you at least try it. (On a side note, I don't know how it works with copy protected games, but there are ways around that with the PEOpS CD plugin, so it *should* be fine)

*begin rant*
I just gotta say this, and I hope nobody takes this personally, but _mr_m_ it seems like you were lying in wait to ambush him by asking how he got his copy of the game. I am not a fan of obtaining games illegally, and I certainly think the video game market would be better off and less expensive if people didn't play illegal copies of games, but the way this particular situation unfolded was something I like to call entrapment.
It is one thing to try and determine if he has a useable physical non-copy disc currently in his posession or not, but something entirely different when you try to pry out EXACTLY how he got the game. If you can determine that he has a useable physical non-copy disc, then chances are, there is no "Warez" involved, and if there is, let it be on their conscience rather than just trying to get the topic closed.
If we shut down people like that who may or may not be innocent/ignorant, then the board as a whole loses respect from its readers and users, and our legitimate companions may not be willing to ask for help. I agree wholeheartedly that reprimands should be handled by the moderators, however, you could nicely suggest that people obtain a legal copy of the game before you continue to help them. That way, instead of just trying to get people to hide if they are using illegal games or not, we are fighting against it by supporting game sales.
*end rant*

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well I'll put a lil' rant here too:
What if I make a thread, MRM asks me how did I get the disc, I tell that I downloaded it off the internet, and then later say that i deleted that and bought the game?
Because, unless im missing something (sorry if I am), it's the exact same as what's going on this thread...

·
Registered
183 Posts
*sigh* the whole borrowing theory is a MAJOR shade of grey when it comes to digital rights, because by the old fair use laws, you could copy the pages out of a book and share the copies with someone as long as the owned book was not used by two people at the same time. It is still much safer to make sure you own the game before using a copy of it, because then that turns the shade of grey to white...you see what I am saying? I have yet to familiarize myself with the more recent digital rights laws in the US, so if I have missed something, let me know.

By the way, I hope this discussion doesn't scare you away from asking for further help...we are still here for you, b/c the mod says it is ok, and he has the final word.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well, like i said, i am trusting him that he actually did get rid of the downloaded one and picked up a legal copy. bluekirby0, you are correct. i dont care if you buy it or borrow it--both are legal. hell, i borrow my roommate's games too. how would i test Xenogears? i dont own it...but my roommate does.

and _mr_m_ stop being such a dick. we dont care where you get your games as long as its legit. like bluekirby0 said, the point is that the game is legitimate, not where you got it specifically. you had good intent (i think) but you asked the wrong question.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.