Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:cry: Every time I play FF9 on PXSeven it freazes, horrably...Either that or closes it. It didn't do this on the first disk, but on the second. I found a way around it by using save states, but now it has gotten worse. I mean now it won't let me use Ramah or let Lani use her water smell on me. What can I do to fix this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hushypushy said:
um, you said FF9 in the title...and you said FF7. there is no Lani in FF7 so im assuming you're playing FF9 (i dont remember a Lani in FF9...)

anyway, check this out: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65247
Oh oops! Sorry....Well Lani is the female assassin that looks like a bard from the older FF's and carries a giant axe. She's the one that was sent from Brahne to get that jewl from Garnet. But lets keep this on topic please. In the first disk the battles worked fine, in the second one it keeps saying "reserved for op code realeased due to problem" or something like that.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
weird, i hate opcode errors.

the usual things i'd try would be changing CD plugins, graphics plugins (it worked for me once), and emulator (if you change emulator dont worry you can still use your game saves and plugins)

·
Registered
654 Posts
If your disks are marginal, you could be getting data read errors that cause the crashes. You might want to try making images of your CDs and then playing from those.

Switching emulators, like it says in the troubleshooting FAQ, might help also.

Finally, there have been some working FF9 configs posted in the PSX emulation forums before, you might want to search at the PSX Emulation level for FF9 config.

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dbhankins said:
If your disks are marginal, you could be getting data read errors that cause the crashes. You might want to try making images of your CDs and then playing from those.

Switching emulators, like it says in the troubleshooting FAQ, might help also.

Finally, there have been some working FF9 configs posted in the PSX emulation forums before, you might want to search at the PSX Emulation level for FF9 config.

Dan
I tried using Epsxe but it freazes when I run an ISO file. :cry: Emulators hate me!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hushypushy said:
weird, i hate opcode errors.

the usual things i'd try would be changing CD plugins, graphics plugins (it worked for me once), and emulator (if you change emulator dont worry you can still use your game saves and plugins)
Yay it worked!!!

EDIT: Now it freazes or goes slow :cry:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
hey, which prog are you using to make isos? I may recommend you to use CloneCD or IsoBuster. Other programs I have used did not work well to make PSX Disc' ISOs.
Graphics plugin... Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76 (if your card does support OpenGL) or Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76. ah, if the fps are low, try to use "Fast" settings in the plugin.
Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Miretank said:
hey, which prog are you using to make isos? I may recommend you to use CloneCD or IsoBuster. Other programs I have used did not work well to make PSX Disc' ISOs.
Graphics plugin... Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76 (if your card does support OpenGL) or Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76. ah, if the fps are low, try to use "Fast" settings in the plugin.
Hope that helps :)
thanks

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Can you try running off the cd instead of an image? What version of FF9 is this? I have the NTSC/US and I played it to the end on the emulator. I recall fixing problems on the fourth disc (end part) , but it mostly has to to with the mdec decoder. A savestate of the problem is also helpful. :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Making an ISO only helps if the ISO you make is error free and (for PAL region games) includes subchannel data.

On Alcohol 120%, which I have successfully used to make ISOs of 20+ games, I set the program to not ignore errors, and to do the maximum retries when it has a reading problem. I use the Playstation profile and make sure it reads subchannel data (as a just-in-case, I don't know of any NTSC region games that require it).

You might want to make sure that whatever ISO-making program you use is configured with equivalent settings - the key being that if your disks are marginal, you don't want that to translate into an ISO with bad data. This, BTW, is probably why so many people have problems with warezed ISOs - they were made carelessly.

Dan

P.S. A screenshot of your "unable to render" and "unable to do something else" errors would be helpful
P.P.S. Also your latest errors sound like they might have something to do with your configuration. Have you tried the configs >>> HERE <<<?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dbhankins said:
Making an ISO only helps if the ISO you make is error free and (for PAL region games) includes subchannel data.

On Alcohol 120%, which I have successfully used to make ISOs of 20+ games, I set the program to not ignore errors, and to do the maximum retries when it has a reading problem. I use the Playstation profile and make sure it reads subchannel data (as a just-in-case, I don't know of any NTSC region games that require it).

You might want to make sure that whatever ISO-making program you use is configured with equivalent settings - the key being that if your disks are marginal, you don't want that to translate into an ISO with bad data. This, BTW, is probably why so many people have problems with warezed ISOs - they were made carelessly.

Dan

P.S. A screenshot of your "unable to render" and "unable to do something else" errors would be helpful
P.P.S. Also your latest errors sound like they might have something to do with your configuration. Have you tried the configs >>> HERE <<<?
Here:

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's really odd. That only happens when you use the Mooby2 plugin?

Did you try the configs I pointed you at?

If the answer to both the above questions is yes, then please post the details of the config that comes closest to working for you, and I'll see if I can reproduce your problem and fix it.

Dan

P.S. Save states may be part of what's causing your problems. Using save states can cause problems including lockups and crashes in many games. Try using only memory card saves and see if it's any better.

Also, if I'm to reproduce your problem, I'm going to need you to send me a memory card file that has a save just before the problem, and I'll need a description of what to do and where to go from that save point to make the problem happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dbhankins said:
That's really odd. That only happens when you use the Mooby2 plugin?

Did you try the configs I pointed you at?

If the answer to both the above questions is yes, then please post the details of the config that comes closest to working for you, and I'll see if I can reproduce your problem and fix it.

Dan

P.S. Save states may be part of what's causing your problems. Using save states can cause problems including lockups and crashes in many games. Try using only memory card saves and see if it's any better.

Also, if I'm to reproduce your problem, I'm going to need you to send me a memory card file that has a save just before the problem, and I'll need a description of what to do and where to go from that save point to make the problem happen.
Well do you have Aim, MSN, or even YIM?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Send me a PM and use YouSendIt.com. Send the file to yourself and paste the link in the PM.

So the answer to both of the questions I asked is yes? What results did you get from each of the configs in the thread I pointed you at? I'm not going to put in the effort to reproduce your problem unless I'm convinced you've exhausted the resources I've already shown you.

Dan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.