Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probley a known issue with most of you (i think?) Since i decided to give emulation another try. i first tried playing ff9. the intro movie kinda skipped abit when dagger got up from her chair, hope fmv freezing isnt going to occure in all the fmv's. but the main problem i have is In the first battle when you Gain Controll Of. Basicly When i start seeing the battle swirl it slows down, then my computer freezes. oO im using petes dx6 d3d driver 1.75. hears a screen of my settings

·
Registered
5 Posts
my settings work for sure...

Pete's D3D Driver 1.74

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.74
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: RADEON 9800 PRO (Omega 2.5.76)

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 3
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: off
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000202]

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what im doing now. I actualy think the problem corrected itself, but in a bad way though. i can hear the battle swirlin, but i dont see the swirls now oO Iv also had some sound issues where a note gets jammed and endlessly plays when its not supposed too ( even through the fmvs) after i use a save state.

:eek:fftopic:

wow it feels good being on a pentium 4 and not that old ibm / pentium II :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Try setting framebuffer access to 0 and framebuffer texture to 4. Your CPU can handle the framebuffer stuff and ATi's cards currently don't have good framebuffer speeds. I had problems with the swirls in FF7 and I had to switch to Pete's OpenGL2 plugin to fix it. I don't know how well a 9550 would handle that plugin but it's worth a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts