Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything else seems fine, but I dont get a battle menu. Everything works, I just cant see anything. This happens on espxe and psxeven. Happens on OGL2 plugin, OGL, DX6 and 7. I'd like to chat on teamspeak while playing otherwise id use my ps2 but I cant seem to figure this out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I got this fixed but now I have another problem. It seems to randomly crash during battles, mainly when something flashy is going on. Right now im trying PSXeven 0.19

ERROR: Reserved opcode being called : 0x D48 !!!! @0x 7f0014
-- emu released due to error --

I would try a different plugin but heres the deal...

DX6 - goes absurdly fast in battles and slow outside of them
DX7 - same deal
OGL - works great, except for these crashes
OGL2 - I cant get the battle menu to come up with this. I needed to up off-screen drawing a notch in the other plugins but that doesnt work here.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9600 XT x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: on

Textures:
- B8G8R8A8
- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: on
- Dithering: on
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000200]

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
If you want to rule out hardware graphics acceleration as the problem, try using P.E.Op.S. soft GPU. From what you posted above, it appears you're using a Pentium 4. You could try setting framebuffer texture to 0 and framebuffer access to 4 if you want to stick with OpenGL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
n_w95482 said:
If you want to rule out hardware graphics acceleration as the problem, try using P.E.Op.S. soft GPU. From what you posted above, it appears you're using a Pentium 4. You could try setting framebuffer texture to 0 and framebuffer access to 4 if you want to stick with OpenGL.
I tried with that and it still crashed, so I guess thats not it. I change the sound plugin from Eternal to Petes Directsound one and it didnt crash, dumb luck, or maybe that was it. Either way its back on Eternal because it sounds much better and it hasnt crashed yet. I really dont get it, but hopefully it will hold up and stay running fine.

Also, I read through that guide, changed everything acordingly and im going to give it a go now. Hopefully I somehow end up with battle menus this time around. :)

[edit] Ok, the OGL2 config worked ok. One thing I noticed though, http://www.burghcom.com/~swan/pics/clash/ff9.jpg
there is some strage artifacts chillin by the menu and names

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Crashed again while fighting some flower thing. :|

ERROR: Reserved opcode being called : 0x1A90BFC0 !!!! @0x 102
-- emu released due to error --

Im playing off an .iso, should I play from my CD instead, would it really matter?

[edit] Still crashes randomly in battles, always during an effect.
video plugins doesnt seem to make a difference, even the software ones
sound plugins, didnt make a difference, still crashes
espxe 1.5.2 crashes also

Why god, why?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
First, I'd turn off the 15 bit Framebuffer unless movies are slow when it's off. You can also turn the dithering off since you're not using 16bit color. I'd also set you VRam size (I read somewhere that GeForces can autodetect, not sure on ATI's end or if leaving it at zero is fine). For your problem, it sounds like a bad ISO rip. Not sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, also, my disc seems to be in perfect shape, it's about as pristine as a diamond Jesus mined from the core of the earth. I guess I can try ripping the .iso again.

VRAM, I have 256, theres no option for it, is typing it in ok?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
yeah typing it in is fine, i used to do that for my 5600.

what did you use to rip the ISO?

anyway i think those in battle artifacts are unescapable

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
The only guess I had on those artifacts is the filtering of 6 with the Hi-Res texture level of 1. I tried that on mine with OpenGL 1.7.6 and OpenGL2 though and got nothing. Do you have AA or AF turned on in your video card's control panel? AF won't work at all with PS games and AA only works with OpenGL1.7.6, so make sure those are both off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.