Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 3D support of course FF9 looks a lot better of course in my opinion. However it seems that some backgrounds and graphics are still pixelated in FF9. So in town it looks like a high resolution sprite in a lower resolution background. You'll notice the walls and buildings a bit more pixelated than the world map and sprites itself... (Its like FF7 PC) Is the emulator or GPU capable of handling this?? It's not really bad but noticeable bascally. Look at the screenshots made by Bleem in the newspage of this site to get a clearer image. I DID try all the resolutions provided by the ALL GPUs just in case you'll ask. Your reply would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The 2D backgrounds are rendered in a fix resolution (320x240 I think), so by running at a higher resolution the best that can be done is to stretch the pixels. Have you tried enabling filtering including sprites in Pete's plugins. If your graphics card supports it you could try FSAA (Is it full-screen or full-scene anti aliasing?)

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by UncleClive
The 2D backgrounds are rendered in a fix resolution (320x240 I think), so by running at a higher resolution the best that can be done is to stretch the pixels. Have you tried enabling filtering including sprites in Pete's plugins. If your graphics card supports it you could try FSAA (Is it full-screen or full-scene anti aliasing?)
Filtering won't look good on FF9. If you use it, you'll notice the borders on the tiles that make the background (if you don't understand, just test it).

FSAA, on the other hand, works great.

[]s Badaro

S

·
0 Posts
UncleClive, FSAA stands for Full-Scene Anti Aliasing, since everything (ie:all graphics) is anti aliasied.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
well, just goto to the display properties, settings, advanced or use your graphics cards configuration tool to turn on FSAA...... If you are using petes d3d gpu then click on select device and check "full screen flipping"..... you have to have a graphics card that supports FSAA..........and yes the 2d graphics gets anti aliased too....... just blurs it a little to hide some of the pixelation.......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have a Tv-Out? If so lay it though that. Even at 800/600 the back grounds dont look streched since they were made to be viewed on a TV. If not them theres not much you can do. Sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts