Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked thru the forums and I can't find a similar post, but my original Disk 1 to Final Fantasy IX is pretty much unreadable. I've tried using multiple CD plugins, and CDSapu was the only one that didn't lock up the program. But sadly, it lags at 2 FPS at the opening video with yellow and green pixelated areas. I'm wondering if there is a way to load a save from a Dex Drive using ePSX or something so that I may avoid the hangups or just load a save at the end of disc 1.

I also tried using Alcohol 120 and CloneCD to create an image, but it gets 1:53 minutes in and then is unable to read multiple sectors. Hoping there's a work around and thanks for any help.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Sadly, it appears that your disc is badly damaged.

Try with Nero DiscSpeed, and do a scandisc of your CD.
You'll have the graphic of how damaged your disc is.

If it's just a bit, you can then retry with Alcohol and use "skip bad sectors", and maybe enable
"Enhanced weak sector scanner" to see if it helps in your case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link to the DiscSpeed program. The disc isn't bad until the middle of the disc, then its just crazy. It's sad because the actual condition of the disc doesn't look bad at all, which surprises me this is happening.

I guess my question now is, is it possible to load a save from a DexDrive for ePSX to use, or am I SoL?

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
The problem is that, if it's badly damaged... you'll run into issues regardless. =S

If your other discs are sane, you might want to search for memcard saves that point
to the other discs. At least you'll play quite a bunch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha I can agree with you, but luckily I've played the game before up to Disc 4, just never beaten it because something comes up or I let a friend borrow it. (Which is why Disc 1 doesn't work, I assume)

Starting at Disc 2 wouldn't bother me, otherwise I'll just end up looking for a friend with a good copy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.