Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
I get full fps on those games and a bunch of others, but on Final Fantasy Tactics I consistently lose 5-10fps for some reason. I've fiddled around with the settings and tried Pete's D3D too (50-55fps) but nothing. Plus, Lewpy's performs an illegal operation on GPU init more often that not.
Here we go.. speed may be more of an issue of "FF tactics" being mostly a 2d game IE there are a lot of sprites involved. This WILL be slow. D3D glide and other accelerators really can't improve blitting 2d data to the screen much. So .. this will be slower. Impoving this would require monkeying with the DMA chain in the GPU but the programer.. and quite frankley most of the time it's really not necessary :) :cry:

Bottom line is.. :bash: it will involve copying data from the virtual PSX memory into the virtual PSX display memory and copying that data to the display.. no real speed improvement to be had.

Cyb

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
that's Speed , i'm waiting for my Geforce 3 , then finally i get speed back ,
The problem isn't the Kyro it's the fact that they skimped on the drivers. This has become a CHRONIC problem in the industry now. People make cards and don't make proper software drivers for them. Finding people to do the drivers is the first problem the second one is that once someone does a driver. Microsoft will change the specs of the OS to obsolete the driver ;)

Anyhow.. don't blame the hardware when it's just the cheapness of the video card maker that's hurting you :)

Cyb

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
The problem with Kyro and Linux is huge.
ST tightly guards the information on the Kyro chipset which means people can't port MESA to it and a DRI driver can't be made. I think it's silly and foolish to skimp on drivers. Since this is what SELLS the product :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts