Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just recently decided to get back into the FF series after a few years of not playing them. I dusted off an old copy of FF8, downloaded epsxe, and jumped straight back into the game.
Initially I messed around tweaking the graphic settings, tried all of the graphic plugins, and was pretty much happy with the result.

However....

I'm now at the stage where I've just completed the communications tower part, and about to leave the town to head back to the seed academy. As soon as I exit to the world map I get graphic problems.
The first time my character was visible, and the path was half detailed and half black. Now the character has disappeared, and the path is just fully black, along with the sea now showing on land in some parts.
Here's a screenshot of what is happening:
View attachment 204852

I've read through some threads on here and tweaked the settings numerous times, yet it won't change.

Can anyone help please? I'm desperate to get stuck into the game!!!!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
hardware specs, plugin and settings details k thnx.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Create a Profile for epsxe with SLI disabled.

and set render mode to 2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I also just updated my graphic card drivers to the latest with no change. However, If I load from the mem card instead of the saved state it's all ok (well the game menu isn't anymore but I reckon some tweaking will sort that).

So, I gather it's a corrupt saved state, which I will confirm shortly after readjusting my graphics.

It was just a corrupt saved state after all. Now I need to do a lot of tweaking as messing with the graphics has buggered up a lot of other things.

Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
use the same settings you were before, with render mode 2, and gamefixes 1 and 2 enabled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.