Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, I'm on Disc 2 - just launched Garden to evade the missiles and Cid tells me to go check outside. So I go out on the Deck, have the little Rinoa CGI then it gives me control again - but there's no way off the deck, the door just won't open. There's no music or anything running in the background but you can just hear the rumbling of Garden's "engine" I guess?

Running ePSXe 1.6, Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7, P.E.OpS DSound 1.9, SCPH7501

Any ideas on how to get past it? I can upload the save state if someone wouldn't mind just getting me off B-Garden Deck and saving out the door for me :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
You've encountered the well known Warezed disk bug :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was just being lazy tbh, it was quicker to download the game than rip 4 ISOs, lol. So it's just a bad ISO issue? I can just stick the disc in if that's the case.
It happen anywhere else is the game? May as well rip discs 3 and 4 aswel if it happens often.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Was just being lazy tbh, it was quicker to download the game than rip 4 ISOs, lol. So it's just a bad ISO issue? I can just stick the disc in if that's the case.
It happen anywhere else is the game? May as well rip discs 3 and 4 aswel if it happens often.
Orly? It took less than 20 minutes to download? Ripping the game is always faster...

Ok putting the disc in just leaves me with a nice big black screen :/ Tried all the CDR plugins and nothing seems to get it to work -_-
The same thing happens to me... when I haven't configured my CD plugin. The CD plugin must be pointed to which CD/DVD-ROM will contain the game disc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Orly? It took less than 20 minutes to download? Ripping the game is always faster...
Takes just over 10 mins to download 2GB... so yeah - it's quicker to download.

The same thing happens to me... when I haven't configured my CD plugin. The CD plugin must be pointed to which CD/DVD-ROM will contain the game disc.
Yeah I've pointed it at Drive H:/ - tried Win2k/XP SCSI commands, Win2k/XP raw, Win9x/ME whatever it said... I'm just getting a whole lot of nothing coming from it.. I press run CDROM and it shows a blank screen at 0FPS for a few seconds then stays black and runs at the usual 85 (where I've limited it). Worth me ripping to see if LinuzAppz will run it :?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
dont bother using warez versions, if it turns out to be a bad rip then there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, so its not worth it. i suggest trying making an image of your disc in .ccd/.img/.sub format, the copy protection on the disc might be what is giving you problems when you try to play with your own game disc.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Takes just over 10 mins to download 2GB... so yeah - it's quicker to download.
My 20 minute rip time is from back in 2001 when I had a Plextor 12x speed CD-R burner. I would assume it takes even less time with a modern CD/DVD drive.

As Jonc has mentioned, you are likely experiencing copy protection issues. The subchannel on Square's PAL releases contain data necessary to run the game properly. Rip the game with subchannel data included. Alternatively, you can try using P.E.Op.S. CDR plugin and turn on the subchannel reading. Some CD/DVD-ROM drives don't support reading subchannel data on the fly though, so ripping the game may be your only solution.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Peops subchannel reads sucks >.> seriously.

try Sapu CDR 1.3.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Most warez copies are just plain ripped incorrectly. (wrong format, no subchannel, fix errors turned 'on', partial rips, etc.)

Pirate suppliers don't care if they did it right. They just want to get their +1 internetz from warez groups.

Peops subchannel reads sucks >.> seriously.

try Sapu CDR 1.3.
Noted.

Not like I'd really know there was a difference in performance since my games are all NTSC.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
yeah pretty much :p

Peops hasn't worked properly on any of my CDRW's or DVDRW's for a good while, sapu does on all of them :\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.