Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Could anybody tell em the settings they have for FF8 for optimum performance because i cant even start the game with mine and im not sure if it could be the cd or the settings.
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
My settings are.
Petes Open GL set to nice.
ePSXe SPU core.
ePSXe CDR Aspi.
scph7502.

Make sure that you set your CD-ROM correctly.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Is it a PAL version?
If so you must use the cheat available in the cheat option.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi,
I have a AMD Athlon 500, 128mb ram, Matrox g400 dual head. My current settings are:
petes dx6 d3d driver 1.50
ePSXe SPU core 1.2.0
ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.0.1.

It is the pal version but in the cheat option theres only an option to edit cheat codes :confused: :confused:

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hurm, there only seems to be a download for the actual program itself, no cheats that i can see but it may because its just came back up from being down, ill search for it and see if i can find it.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Here is what you need.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi
does the database.dat file go in the cheats folder? When i go to add cheat it says it has to be a cheat file :confused: and i cant find one, unless there is a way it is hidden or sumthing or have to change it?
Heres what happens, when the game gets passed the squaresoft logo the sound comes on and the screen just stays blury and the game just hangs there, is this what the cheat is needed for?
Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey,
It gets past the squaresoft bit freezes for a bit and then goes through the start extremely slow with slow music etc and doesnt get to the main start game screen because by then it has froze completely

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well when you get to the part where the music is slow,press F4 or F5 aand then press the button corresponding to cross,that should get you to the main screen.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by FFXTidus
hi,
I have a AMD Athlon 500, 128mb ram, Matrox g400 dual head. My current settings are:
petes dx6 d3d driver 1.50
ePSXe SPU core 1.2.0
ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.0.1.

It is the pal version but in the cheat option theres only an option to edit cheat codes :confused: :confused:

thanks
Your spec is very similar to me..................;)
Anyway why don't you try PC version it is a lot better..............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts