Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I did an extensive search regarding the subject.
Unfortunately i only could find that some people did get FF8 to rumble but not exactly what was the stumbling block.
As of now i got all games (i tried) to rumble on epsxe. So i know all the basic fiddling one has to do to get rumble to work.
(Motor:Constant/Sine, DxJoy1, D/A(F5) - and ingame F5 to switch to analog)

Alas, it isn´t enough.

To make sure: it is true, that any cast of a GF will cause rumbling?
is there another way to check if rumbling works?

Also i tried PCSX with the Harakiri plugin and it didn´t work either.

thanks,
schraube :mad:

ps: i have a logitech rumblepad2

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I just tried it with my Wingman Rumblepad (older version of your controller) and I couldn't get FF8 to rumble in either ePSXe 1.5.2 or 1.6.0. I tried Harakiri's plugin in PSXeven but the vibration option in FF8 was grayed out, even though I set the controller to DualShock mode in the plugin.

·
Banned
76 Posts
n_w95482 said:
I just tried it with my Wingman Rumblepad (older version of your controller) and I couldn't get FF8 to rumble in either ePSXe 1.5.2 or 1.6.0. I tried Harakiri's plugin in PSXeven but the vibration option in FF8 was grayed out, even though I set the controller to DualShock mode in the plugin.
what controler are you using? I'm got one that is amde for rumble but no matter what I set it to it won't work.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
well, i guess the fact that you quoted it wasnt enough. here's a picture.

you really dont pay attention when you post, do you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@hushypushy: Where did DemonSui say that he owned a Rumblepad2?
I guess you confuse him with me.

you really dont pay attention when you post, do you?

SCNR
schraube

edit:
what *exactly* causes rumbling in ff8?
any use of a GF?
are there other events in the game which cause rumbling?

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I can't remember what other events in the game cause rumbling because I haven't played through it in a while but I do know that Quezacoatl does rumble so there's definitely something wrong.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
schraube said:
@hushypushy: Where did DemonSui say that he owned a Rumblepad2?
I guess you confuse him with me.
well given the fact that he quoted n_w95482 and asked what controller he was using, it seems obvious that he was talking about n_w95482.

there are only you, and n_w95482 in this post, right? (well, that DemonSui would inquire about.) so either he was asking his question to you, or n_w95482. two possibilities arise:

A. he's a douche because he asked you what your controller was when you plainly and clearly stated it in your first post. oh, and he quoted n_w95482 too.
B. he's a douche because he asked what n_w95482's controller was when he quoted what controller he had.

make sense? anyway, im sorry to bring your thread off topic man. n_w95482 is trying his best to help :|

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i guess most of us are stuck with playing it without rumble which is really unfortunate.
i really don´t want to postbone playing any longer.
prehaps sometime i will be able to playing it with rumble again.

·
Banned
76 Posts
hushypushy said:
two possibilities arise:
A. he's a douche because he asked you what your controller was when you plainly and clearly stated it in your first post. oh, and he quoted n_w95482 too.
B. he's a douche because he asked what n_w95482's controller was when he quoted what controller he had.

make sense? anyway, im sorry to bring your thread off topic man. n_w95482 is trying his best to help :|
hey now, I'm not a douche, I've seen alot of different control pad plugins, it is entirelly possible that was a plug in... (as far as I knew) I'm not all that fimilliar with computer controlers, I just started getting into this kind of stuff.

as for what cauese rumbling: GFs, squall's limit breaks, (if that is what they are called) and some cutsceens the one in dollet does I know for a fact. (disc1, mission 2)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
once again: if you dont know what you're talking about, DONT SAY ANYTHING. i've also said before, lay back and just READ. read and learn, it will make a huge difference. trust me, i wasnt born with all the knowledge i give out and neither were you. so, instead of giving out misguided information, refrain from posting and learn from others.

anyway, i will not turn every thread with you into a flame war. i dont want to close a thread that still has potential for help. so, this will end or ill just close the thread anyway.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don´t think that would be fair (closing this thread).
its really something i´d be very grateful if you guys could help me out.

i got the PC version back then but never got to finish it because i waited
for a fan-project to replace the crapy soundfont with a more psx-like substitute.
of course, the project was never finished and i got out of the game and lost interest.

regardless how good things are, it seems there´s always something not quite right.
so ...

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
it's not fair to be closing this thread, not fair to you at all. i just dont want to to escalate into a flame war.. :|

anyhow, schraube, i dont know how important rumble is to you, but...you might have to live without it buddy. PSX emulation rumble support is pretty iffy, and to be honest, i think the rumble thing is pretty lame :p if you REALLY want rumble though, remember, there's always the real PSX there for you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@pushy+everybody_else: you don´t happen to know about the quality /usefulness of the rumble-feature of FF8 in particular?

i mean if there´s just some kind of generic rumble when a GF is summoned or a limit-break is unleashed i guess i can do without it.

btw. the isos are the pal version.
could it be that either
a) only FF8[NTSC] works with rumble?
b) i need the PPF patch?

·
Banned
76 Posts
hushypushy said:
it's not fair to be closing this thread, not fair to you at all. i just dont want to to escalate into a flame war.. :|
Don't worry about a flame war with me, you'd have to get me mad first, and that isn't easy.

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
I never got the rumble to work in any game, but then again I think it's my radio shack controler thingy. I doubt that they would remove a rumble feature for another country though, never heard of it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Onslaught: no they didn´t remove it - its there.
i rather meant that the emulation of it only works for the NTSC ff8

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
well...its actually semi useful in FF8 from what i can remember. when you do a regular attack with Squall, it rumbles RIGHT when you need to press R1. so basically.....he runs up and right when you feel a rumble you press R1.

other than that, its basically useless...GFs rumbling onto the screen isnt that great :p

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
I never liked it to much. I played half way though ff8 with out a analog controler anyhow. It did get annoying when you summoned a gf, put the controller down to get a ice cream sandwhich or something because the controler would rumble on the ground and make an annoying sound.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
schraube said:
@pushy+everybody_else: you don´t happen to know about the quality /usefulness of the rumble-feature of FF8 in particular?

i mean if there´s just some kind of generic rumble when a GF is summoned or a limit-break is unleashed i guess i can do without it.

btw. the isos are the pal version.
could it be that either
a) only FF8[NTSC] works with rumble?
b) i need the PPF patch?
I have the NTSC version and it doesn't rumble either. As for the usefulness of rumble, in most cases it isn't very useful at all. FF8 is 100% playable without it, it's just icing on the cake ;).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts