Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a p3 850 with 512 meg ram, winxp and a tnt2 32 meg agp video card... using pete's software gpu
so im playing and im at the part where irvine must kill the sorceress, she puts a shield and doesnt die, so squall gets off and takes a car
but right before the movie starts, the emulator freezes. any ideas?
oh yeah, sometimes it freezes before quistis pulls the switch to close the gates to stop the sorceress.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Just a recommendation, but you could always get FF8 for the PC, it's much better than trying to emulate it :)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
In my opinion, FF8 on running on a pc using espxe is as good as the PC version.. With the right settings and hardware of course.. But that is also the same with FF8 pc.. It just requires lesser spec'd computer to do so.. I wouldn't want to buy FF8 for the pc if I already had it for the psx and can run it on epsxe.. The pc version and the psx version running on epsxe looks practically identical except for the Minimog game and the text look a little better in the pc version.. Everything else is the same.. Graphics, storyline, ect..

I think using savestates cause weird mdec problems.. and crashes.. Don't use it and load from a regular memcard save..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah well guys thanks for reading my problem, but I fixed it finally.. I tried like all the possible settings and I decided to use my cd writer instead of my cheap cd reader
and it finally worked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts