Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I know you need to patch ff8 to play it on any emulator well I got all the patches youi can get for ff8 (got most of them at megagames.com) and all but one does not patch it and the one that does patch it just stuffs up at the screen where it says squar usa or what ever
so does anyone know if there is a AUSTRALIAN patch (PAL) that does work??

thanks for your time
Chippy

S

·
0 Posts
Okay, I would reccomend going to Aldo Vargas home page www.aldostools.com and see what he has to offer. He has patches for many of the games and he just may have the patch you need. I once tried a Dino Crisis patch from Megagames and it didn't work either. So give Aldo a try and see what you can find. Best of luck.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Actually Adair, you can as long as you're not giving anyone a link to them. Just stating that you found a patch or tried a patch from there is all right. BTW, I won't go there again. None of their stuff worked for me.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks sxamiga
I went to the site and he did not have a patch for FFVIII but he did have a tool that made VGS work with any FF8 and FF9 (and other games) to work on VGS so I am playing it on vgs so thanks

Chippy

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I think that the UK version is what's sold in Australia. Its PAL and its in English so...I think UK.

sx/amiga, thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the australian is the europe ver so I dont know what country that would be assoated to

Chippy

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
That's exactly what I'm saying. You're FF8 should be the UK version. Not Spanish, French, German, or Italian. So maybe try the attached FF8 UK protection patch.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Adair is correct here. The versions sold in Austrailia, New Zealand, Ireland and any other european country in which the game's language is english is actually the UK game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts