Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the very beginning, after the first FMV. Squall wakes up and the doctor asks him how he is feeling. You get two choices. The sound seems to be functional, and not looping. The curtains are still moving, but the game isn't accepting commands. I can't switch between choices, nor can I choose one.

The opening FMV worked just fine. The sound/video were out of sync early in the FMV, but then the video stutters when squall picks up his sword, and they go back into sync.

Don't know if there are any other issues since this is happening at the VERy start of the game itself.

Intel C2D E6600
evga 8800GTS
2GB ram
(all lightly oced)

pete's opengl 2, "nice" settings. Using what epsxe recommends for sound/cdr/etc.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
configure the controller properly?

use dual shock, rather then dual analogue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried using digital, digital analogue, digital shock. I managed to get it to happen again at a different place. Loaded a saved game in Dollet at the town square. I talked to one of the intelligence kids to the left, the lower most of the males. he said his piece, then i couldn't do anything again. Music was playing properly here as well.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
switch to another input device, lf you are currently using a gamepad then try mapping everything to your keyboard and see if there is any change.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it may be a corrupt image, or bad disk reading.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you having this same problem with any other games?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
it sounds odd that an image would cause the input of all things to become unresponsive though. have you tried pressing F5 when you start it up?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
not at all jonc, i've seen it happen with several games, when the image has hit a bad read

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
This CD Mage is kind of confusing me. I tell it to open a bin file as a raw image, then hit detect and it creates a 1kb cue file. But then i don't know what to do with the information in cdmage's image tree.

I get an image tree that shows session 1, under that is Track 1[MODE2/2352][] If I highlight that, the right side panel shows FFDISC1.IMG, SLUS_008.92, SYSTEM.CNF If I click action, and scan for corrupt sectors it comes up with no errors.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
we cannot provide you with assistance if you are downloading this game. downloading copyright material is illegal so unless you are using an image made from your own game disc, you are going to need to seek help elsewhere. please read over our rules, specifically the warez policy, before posting again.

http://forums.ngemu.com/751350-post2.html

closed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.