Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in last week or so, I finish FF8 disc 1 and when I get to disc 2, the in game cinamatic doesn't show anymore, it just give me grey screen. I try to get some fix from this board but I guess no one here know a fix yet, so here I go...

1. I delete my epsxe in my registry also epsxecutor in my registry.
2. Then I delete my epsxe from my hard drive and unzip the original one I had downloaded, reconfig everything, *with the latest plugin*

and guess what everything is FIXED!!!!! I finally able to watch the beautiful ingame cinematic from the game and also runs perfect hehe one thing I had to mention thought I had backup my memory card, and replaced when I reconfig epsxe. also I delete all my savestates, so I believe the problem that cause no mdec is the savestates!!!!!

also after everything is back to working again, I recheck my registry, it had lots difference.
1. now my registry for epsxe doesn't had a field call "mdec enable"
neither it had mdec timing, so there is something I don't really get why, before I had trouble with mdec had these field "mdec enable, mdec timing" in my registry.

anyway, hope this will help some ppl who had similar problem.:)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
hehe.. Your problem has been solved and dealt with many times on this board.. The fix is similar you what you just did, but there are other ways to fix it.. Too bad the old posts are all gone since the board crashed.. You could of done a search for Mdec and found a ton of answers to you mdec problem..

I myself have never had any mdec problem with any games.. But I do know how to fix em when they happen..

1. Using savestates causes mdec problems..
2. Enabling mdec and mdec timing in epsxe executor fixes most mdec problems...
3. Checking the epsxe registry and make sure that the mdec key is set to "1" and mdec timing key is set to "0"..
4. Do what you did and erase the whole epsxe registry and reinstall epsxe 1.4...

This has all been said before in the old posts..

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe I see I see, oh well when I had my problem, I search and post question on board and no one can answer me so I thought it haven't, hehe oh well hehe

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
You can't delete files from your registry.. You can delete the registry keys.. The registry file is in your windows system folder.. It keeps a record of all the programs you installed, your hardware components, and drivers as well as hardware and software settings.. Once I did a soft reinstall of all my hardware components just by deleting one registry key which contained a string of all hardware components I had installed.. No need to reinstall drivers since the drivers were already in the system folder.. Its recommended that you don't mess with your registry too much as it can cause huge problems with windows.. Unless you know what you are doing.. Usually when I uninstall a certain program or software, I check the registry and delete any keys having to do with that software so it will be a complete uninstall.. Some software, even if you uninstall them, keep a record in the registry.. The registry is also where some programs keeps serial numbers and registration information..

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey sniper could you plez send me your memecard for disk one. My mdec also mucked up and now my memcard is corrupted so all my saves are gone. I dont use n e save states cause they also get buggered.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
I just don´t believe you are still talking here :eek:

·
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by sieferblade
hey sniper could you plez send me your memecard for disk one. My mdec also mucked up and now my memcard is corrupted so all my saves are gone. I dont use n e save states cause they also get buggered.
BTW I really wanted to help you but I think you need a UK save doesn´t it?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know if my save for disc1 still exist, I'll check, if it exist I'll send you that :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't get into epsxe for some reason, it stop when it try to initialize my cdrom, but anyway, I had check with the memory card converter program, it say one of my save for ff8 is about 10hour or 12 hour play time *the filename called epsxe000 hehe, the epsxe001 had my other save disc3 hehe, so it should still be in disc1, hehe I don't know, not untill I turn off my pc and restart and go in to game, which I won't and can't coz I'm at 93% finished of my downloading 20mb file hehe
hope this will help you, later,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FARK!!!!!!!!!!! GOT DISCONNECT AT 98% OF 20MB, AND I CAN'T RESUME!!! FARK NEED TO KILL SOMEONE :bash: :mg: :bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg:
but anyway restarted my pc and checked my memory card for you and yes it is in disc1 :)
BUT NOT HAPPY JAN!!!! <-----------J/K HEHE TV COMMERCIAL.
::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg::bash: :mg:
:dead:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, bugger disconnect at 98% of 20mb is a pain in the ass as I can't resume, and with a stupid 56k and the site I download is only 1kps :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Eureka!

Hey, I started playing FFVIII a few days ago and had the same grey-screen-o-death problem happen to me on disc one. Here's a REALLY easy way to fix it.

1.) Create a save game at the title screen so that when you load it up, all you have to do is hit new game, and the beginning movie will start.

2.) Save your game before your particular grey-screen a movie is about to start.

3.) Go back to the opening-screen savestate, and let the movie open up.

4.) Reload the savegame where the movie is greyed and you should be oo-tay.

It sounds alot more complicated than it is. I'll try and put it in laymans--

Whenver you get the grey screen, make note of where it is, and save right before the movie starts. Then jump to a savegame where you can watch the BEGINNING MOVIE (the one you know that works), then reload your original game, and NJOY.

It works on mine. It can work for you!!

::pauses::

On a more serious note, I would like to stick my fleshy swordgun in Rinoa's tight little----

::transmission jammed at the source::

--j.a.

·
Registered
12 Posts
d'oh

My own technique used against me!!

I'm on disk two, so I can't reload the old savestate with the first movie, because save states are for every disc!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
If you load the game using the memory card instead of the savestate the problem will be fixed. I had post this before but the post isn't here anymore :p

·
5,797 Posts
yeah maybe the best thing to do whit this game is not using a savestate, but at least for me I prefer ePSXe most than any other emulator or even the PSX itself because ePSXe has the savestates thing, that´s why having only for this game need to not use savestates is a mess... I hope next version has this think solved

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yeah... ePSXe is the best emulator ever, and the Savestates aren't the only thing better then the real PSX. U get better graphics with it :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts