Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get past the first movie in FF8. I can usualy get up to the part where Squall and Seifer are dueling but then it begins to run choppy and eventually it will just stop. When using the Internal ePSXe Win2K CDR it shows a "buf read error" followed by five lines of numbers (68, 60) or something like that. Using Pete's CDR it stops too but doesn't show an error. I can load/save states when it stops, also the sound stops also. I've tried about 20 times with many different settings to try and get past the movie, but I can't...

I'm on an AMD Athlon 1.4 Ghz, 256 megs of ram, Elsa Erazor 3 with 32 megs of ram for a video card (uses Nvidia stuff), and a Atapi CD-R/RW 6X4X32X. I also installed the force ASPI layer 1.7 from the downloads section. Also I'm running Win XP.

Here is my plugin configuration:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.55

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.10, default settings. And either of the two above mentioned CDR plugins. Other things are when using Pete's CDR plugin I disable CDDA, and everything else in the Options for ePSXe is the default. And I'm using the original FF8 CD, no scratches.

So, anyone know how to get this to work, or else anyone have a save state/mem card save at the very begining of the game? If so my ICQ is 4065964.

- Lashiec LightBlade

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the CD is cleaned off. Nothing was on there anyways. If I try to make an ISO it gets to about 98% and gives me an error. This is with Isobuster and CDRwin. I got a save state off of gamefaqs.com at the begining of the game, although everyone is level 100 and have all items and cards so its not a great save. It played fine, I got to Dollet and all movies up to there played fine. Can anyone send me a save at the begining of the game at Balamb garden before going on the Fire cave mission? My email is [email protected], if anyone could just send it there.

- Lashiec LightBlade

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
Here is a save before the fire cavern mission

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
Originally posted by Lashiec
Thanks! That works great...now I can play FF8 again.

- Lashiec LightBlade
Well...
We are here to help u ^^'

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
and if you want the jap one:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.