Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up ePSXe two days ago, because FF8 for PC looks absolutely horrible. I tried using OGL 2.9, with the recommended settings I've seen on these forums (the 1-2-2 compatibility setting, 0x0001 and 0x0002 game fixes, and the other settings I've seen, but the pre-rendered backgrounds look bad. I do run the game at 1920x1200, because I can't deal with a tiny 640x480 box on my monitor - I'd rather play the game on my ps3 with smoothing on. I ended up using P.E.Op.S OpenGL Driver 1.78, and playing with the settings until I found something I liked.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 ghz
2gb pc2 6400 RAM
GeForce 9800 GTX+

I also recorded a video (using Fraps) of Shiva. Recording this video made the framerate very choppy - it doesn't look like that when I'm not capturing video. It's 1920x1200, so it's 545mb for a 45 second video (lol) :

http://www.kennethduffy.net/video/shiva.avi

My settings are by no means perfect, as I have some problems on the world map - but I can deal with them as long as the backgrounds look nice. The FMV videos look very nice for 320x240 source material. This is my first post here - if I did anything annoying, let me know and I will edit the post.

Screenshot of OGL config

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.