Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FF8 disc 1 seems to have a pretty nasty scratch on it causing the openning movie to hang up. This happens on both my regular playstation and in the epsxe. I've looked all over the net for a regular game save at the first save point without cheats applied, and i can't seem to find one. I've checked the gamefaq ones, and the most promising looking one had it's earliest save as being an hour in and at lvl 50+:hdbash: . So i was wondering if someone could post a link to a memcard save or email me one at [email protected]. I would be forever in your debt.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
just post the last memory card save from where it wont go past and then have someone pass it for you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hushypushy said:
just post the last memory card save from where it wont go past and then have someone pass it for you
i can't get past the opening movie, so i can't even start a game unless i get a save at the first save point from someone else.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
...wait a second. if you just keep banging X, cant you skip the opening movie??

·
All Heroes Must Die
60 Posts
no hushypushy, i think FF series on PSX (VII and VIII) would like as to watch the opening movie. and squaresoft didn't want us to skip it. we can't do anything (press the buttons), but just to sit and enjoy the fmv.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
ah, you mean THAT opening movie. i thought you meant the one even before you get to "new game" :p

so anyway, neithon, have you ever played FF8 before? if so, just tell me what you want me to name your characters and ill play it to the first save for ya. if you've never played it before, you might want to try repairing the disc (disc doctor or the toothpaste scrub), borrowing a disc from a friend, or selling back your used game to teh store and then buying a used one back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hushypushy said:
ah, you mean THAT opening movie. i thought you meant the one even before you get to "new game" :p

so anyway, neithon, have you ever played FF8 before? if so, just tell me what you want me to name your characters and ill play it to the first save for ya. if you've never played it before, you might want to try repairing the disc (disc doctor or the toothpaste scrub), borrowing a disc from a friend, or selling back your used game to teh store and then buying a used one back.
Yeah, i've played it before, i bought a copy of ff8 when it first came out and beat it soon afterwards. I haven't played it since. I just want their names to be the defaults.

Now i need to find a save of the chocobo minigame for the pocketstation thing, with the save for a ntsc copy of the game. or find a dex drive to get a copy of my own.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
alright, here you go. i got the first 2 GFs for you (from your seat in the classroom), the first 7 cards from the guy by the elevator, and i showed around the girl (is that selphie? i cant remember) at hte beginning. just go to the front gate to meet Quistis now :)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
off topic (or not) does the 'line command' to skip FMV in ePSXe actually work? Just wondering :)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
He can always try it :) those two GF can be get in the very begining of the game right? :)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well, yeah, of course. but it'd be rather pointless now, since i already gave him the save :p

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hushypushy said:
well, yeah, of course. but it'd be rather pointless now, since i already gave him the save :p
could be... everything depends on him now :p ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dunno if anyone even still reads this forum, but I went looking for a Final Fantasy 8 First Save File because much like neithon, for some reason, my FF8 First disc wouldn't go past the first FMV.

I have downloaded the save file that HushyPushy originally made for Neithon, and now I can play my game again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts