Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my first playthrough of 8 in a long time, just got to timber and it keeps freezing at the part outside the tv station when deling goes to make his announcment, when it does so the emulator goes unresponsive, and whatever sound is occuring at the time loops or something(only reason i know this is because it first occured when the giant outdoor tv was putting out interference). I can't load any savestates when this happens, and my last one was before i got to timber(and got two energy crystals from card-rfing elynoyles) my last actual save was even before that, any idea why this is happenening?

·
Registered
38 Posts
you forgot to mention: what ePSXe version are you using ?, what PS1 BIOS are you using ?, what plugin/s are you using ?, what settings are you using ?, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my first playthrough of 8 in a long time, just got to timber and it keeps freezing at the part outside the tv station when deling goes to make his announcment, when it does so the emulator goes unresponsive, and whatever sound is occuring at the time loops or something(only reason i know this is because it first occured when the giant outdoor tv was putting out interference). I can't load any savestates when this happens, and my last one was before i got to timber(and got two energy crystals from card-rfing elynoyles) my last actual save was even before that, any idea why this is happenening?
Had the same issue with 2.0.0, exactly at that part during playthru.

What I did was copying the memcard from 2.0.0 and load it on 1.9.2.5 instead and everything works well there. After I pass that part, I went back using 2.0.0, currently on Disc 3 without any issue so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had the same issue with 2.0.0, exactly at that part during playthru.

What I did was copying the memcard from 2.0.0 and load it on 1.9.2.5 instead and everything works well there. After I pass that part, I went back using 2.0.0, currently on Disc 3 without any issue so far.
Same problem in ePSXe 2.0.5 and the noted fix worked for me. Thank you kindly.

·
Not a Registered User
1,429 Posts
Noted fix? What is it? I have the same problem in ePSXe 2.05. What do I have to do to fix it?
Using an older version of ePSXe, 1.9.25 in this case specifically.
Also would you kindly post your memory card file with save file near this problem, i wish to test it, but i don't have time to replay FF8 atm.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Not a Registered User
1,429 Posts
Ah... I misunderstood... I already found that remedy, but it's a pain in the ass...
This is my memcard: http://www.mediafire.com/file/769u2mi10lt7zr9/epsxe000.mcr
Well im sorry to say i was unable to replicate this issue, FF8 works fine on ePSXe 2.0.5 with default plugins, remember to set cpu overclock to 1x in options.
If you're running FF8 from disc try making a cd image and run it from that, or make a new d image yours maybe damaged.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well im sorry to say i was unable to replicate this issue, FF8 works fine on ePSXe 2.0.5 with default plugins, remember to set cpu overclock to 1x in options.
If you're running FF8 from disc try making a cd image and run it from that, or make a new d image yours maybe damaged.
I always run iso, and already tried to take another one, but without success. The CPU overclock is already set to 1x. I don't know why, but could it be lilypad to cause the issue? Can you tell me something about your plugin config?

·
Not a Registered User
1,429 Posts
I always run iso, and already tried to take another one, but without success. The CPU overclock is already set to 1x. I don't know why, but could it be lilypad to cause the issue? Can you tell me something about your plugin config?
2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 1.PNG 7.PNG

Few things worth of note of note.
Resolution i have set to my monitor default 1920x1080 but i ticked (use widescreen fix) and typed in widow size 1440x1080 to get a 4:3 aspect ratio (more or less) so that the games look like they should.
I have almost every setting set to max by default but that may not work for your rig, if you have issues try lowering the "threading mode" setting.
Also in the GFX card vram write the amount of memory your graphic card has, if it's more then 1GB just write 1024, as it just maxes at 1024.
In bio setting make sure to have a bios file selected, version doesn't matter but make sure HLE bios is disabled (unticked)
I have my pad set to keyboard i use the PC version of ePSXe manly for testing, i use the android version for gaming, but when i was using a gampad i had ePSXe set to XINPUT and use a Dualshock 4 with DS4win.
http://ds4windows.com/
It worked fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 199833 View attachment 199841 View attachment 199849 View attachment 199857 View attachment 199865 View attachment 199873

Few things worth of note of note.
Resolution i have set to my monitor default 1920x1080 but i ticked (use widescreen fix) and typed in widow size 1440x1080 to get a 4:3 aspect ratio (more or less) so that the games look like they should.
I have almost every setting set to max by default but that may not work for your rig, if you have issues try lowering the "threading mode" setting.
Also in the GFX card vram write the amount of memory your graphic card has, if it's more then 1GB just write 1024, as it just maxes at 1024.
In bio setting make sure to have a bios file selected, version doesn't matter but make sure HLE bios is disabled (unticked)
I have my pad set to keyboard i use the PC version of ePSXe manly for testing, i use the android version for gaming, but when i was using a gampad i had ePSXe set to XINPUT and use a Dualshock 4 with DS4win.
http://ds4windows.com/
It worked fine.
Thanks for your time. Unfortunately nothing of the config could solve the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I came to this thread to add that I have the exact same problem at the same place. I don't know about the previous posters, but here are my settings:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1920x1080 Fullscreen - Use Window size in Fullscreen mode
- NO desktop changing
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 1/3
- Flicker-fix border size: 1
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000002]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came across this thread during my own issues with freezing and crashing in Timber at the radio station. Settings changes did nothing, so I downloaded 1.9.2.5, copied my memcard and bios folders, ran the setup wizard, and loaded up my game.

It worked!

Honestly, I don't even care why it works, because it's such a quick fix. It literally took me less than 5 minutes. Don't bother with settings configurations, just grab the old version and swap stuff around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts