Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ff8 ff9 settings help

Can anyone help me with the settings of this game ?
Because i just got both of them.

My system is a 900 mhz duron, 364 in ram, and a tnt2 riva m64.
About the battle menu, it flashes all the time. If anyone could help me with the settings of these two games I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About Iori's directsound driver configuration.
What are the settings I Must be using ?
sound buffer size and xa buffer size, etc.
I've never use this one 'cause I usually use epsxe sound plugin.
Help please ?

·
Trans-Am Mode
998 Posts
Sound buffer size 8
XA buffer size 48
check all options except:
wait for XA buffer
show realtime config
enable spu irq

*enable reverb is clicked 2x

these are my settings. u should also try to tweak it to your liking too.:)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Arrgg, such a done guy I am :D Thanks a lot Nebuchadnezzar. I just noticed that you set fps limit to 50. Would that be ok with me ? Remember, I got a 900 duron.
And yes, I am using Pete's Plugin :D

How are you guys take that pics to your settings ?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Limit to 50 if it is a PAL game and 60 if it is NTSC. And just saying you're using "Pete's Plugin" doesn't mean much, he has several y'know? Hit print screen and then open up a graphics program i.e. ms paint and then paste (ctrl-v) into a new document and tada there is your screenshot.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Originally posted by dhkim
I just noticed that you set fps limit to 50. Would that be ok with me? Remember, I got a 900 duron.
And yes, I am using Pete's Plugin :D
The Framelimit doesn't depend on the Power of your PC. As Gerbilcannon said, it's for PAL 50 and for NTSC 60 FPS. That's all:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
fps limit 65

If you want to speed up the game you can use a higher fps limit, but the sound will get sligthly different. I played ff7 with 65 in fps limit and it worked great for me. The dialoges and battles became faster.
btw I use pete's gpu 1.52

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only problem I seem to encounter. It's that before a battle begins it takes like almost 10 seconds to load. Am I the only one or is there someone else with this little annoying problem ? :D

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
well, if you want the loading to be faster, try ripping your games into an iso.. Then run the game with the "run iso" option in epsxe.. There are many burning programs to use to rip your games into iso's.. www.goldenhawk.com has cdrwin.. I use it all the time.. This will speed up your loading because the game will be loading off your hard drive not the cd.. And your hard drive reads data waaay faster than your cd rom drive..

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, fivefeet8 but I usually play my playstation games with iso's :D any ideas why it loads that slow before beginning a battle ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts