Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I enter a random battle on the worldmap the framerate dropes to 20 FPS for about 5 seconds. I tried Pete's D3D DX6 and OpenGL2 with the special game fixes and multible settings (low settings wont do the job either). Altough Peops runs the game better (I.E. Faster, no slowdowns before a random battle) OpenGL2 is way more 'prettier'.
Im using the CD, ePSXe and I have a Club3D GF 4 ti4200
I know this question might have been asked before but I did do a search on Emuforums and on Emutalk as well.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
On my other machine with my GeForce4 Ti4200, OpenGL2 sometimes slows in places to about 40-50FPS for me, so that might not always work. Try OpenGL 1.7.6 if that one gives slowdowns. It's basically as pretty as the newer version (better in my opinion actually) and it shouldn't give the slowdowns.

·
RPG n00b guru
86 Posts
The thread hushypushy mentioned is wonderful for OGL2. However, if that does not work, I find that the nice settings on OGL work fine for me (with the proper fixes enabled).

If that does not float your boat, there's always PEOPS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.