Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched high and low for an answer to this question, but couldn't find one, so if there is one out there, could someone please direct me to it? Thank you.

Anyway, on disc 2 of FF8, after saving Balamb from the missiles, you have to go out to the 2nd floor balcony/deck of the Garden to check something out. After that, an FMV ensues with Rinoa looking around, etc. After the FMV, I cannot get back inside, for whatever reason. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I am using Pete's OpenGL 1.76 video drivers, and am running the game at 200 FPS. I have tried messing with the settings, but nothing seems to work. Thank you all for your help.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Anyway, on disc 2 of FF8, after saving Balamb from the missiles, you have to go out to the 2nd floor balcony/deck of the Garden to check something out. After that, an FMV ensues with Rinoa looking around, etc. After the FMV, I cannot get back inside, for whatever reason. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
I've had this exact problem.

Simple solution: Reload from a Memory Card save and continue. It worked for me after that.

Oh and don't run at 200 FPS at that point. I think that's related to it too somehow. Just enable the limiter to run at 60 FPS and afterwards you can choose to run at 200 again if you want.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about not reading that general FAQ. For whatever reason, I just never thought they'd cover my problem in there. Guess it's more common than I have thought.

Anyway, I decided to switch over from ePSXe 1.6.0 to 1.7.0. Unfortunately, now, when I even attempt to walk outside, the screen just goes black and nothing happens. I can reload my save state with F3, but no matter the frame rate, I get the black screen every time.

Any advice? Thank you.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
dont load from save states, load from a real memory card save. if you still cannot get it to work then you might want to try playing through the part on another emulator and then you can continue onwards with epsxe once you are through.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, that's great to know. Thanks. For whatever reason, I have encountered two new problems recently and I didn't have them at first, which is why I'm confused as to why they're occurring now.

First off, I do like to run the game at 200 FPS. It has always run at a solid 200 FPS without a single hitch, but recently, it'll only run at 200 FPS during FMVs and when running around. In battle, it starts jittering all over the place. It's usually still around 100 FPS, but before, it was always 200 FPS, without fail. I have been playing with the video driver settings, but can't seem to solve the problem.

Also, starting a few days ago, the FMVs started skipping just a bit. It's ever so slight, but in a very predictable way, the FMVs will all skip ever so slightly every 1-2 seconds. Any advice on how I could fix this problem as well?

Again, thank you both for all your help. You have been very helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.