Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem with final fantasy 8 (NTSC)
everything works but 1:
When I try to save a game, the game tells me, that there are no free blocks left on the memory card. It does this with every file, even with newly created ones, where the bios tells me that they are empty.
I tried it with 1001 and 7502 bios, using Pete's OpenGL 1.75 and Peops Dsound driver 1.7 and the core W2k/NT Cdrom driver.
I tried ePsxe 1.60 and 1.52, both have the problem.
I am using save states until now, but savegames would be nicer
Does anyone have an idea?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
have you selected the memcards on epsxe? Also, start the bios (file->run bios) and format the memcard. If the pad doesn't work in the bios, press F5.

·
Registered
8 Posts
lots of games have problems with saving on the memcard after a save state was loaded AND you haven't saved at any point in the game before.

if you save on the memcard at the beginning of a game you usually have no problems using savestates + memcard saves later on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I-Chan said:
have you selected the memcards on epsxe? Also, start the bios (file->run bios) and format the memcard. If the pad doesn't work in the bios, press F5.
how do I format memecards in the bios? When I go to memcards, I can only copy, copy all, delete and exit. But nothing but exit works if the cards are empty.

lots of games have problems with saving on the memcard after a save state was loaded AND you haven't saved at any point in the game before.

if you save on the memcard at the beginning of a game you usually have no problems using savestates + memcard saves later on.
I tried using memcards before using savestates, just resorted to ss to be able to save at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts