Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FF8 Black screen(still unsloved)

Hey there i have good .img file (checked), i have tried to use cdrom, ( i have the cd) same thing, also then i chose iso (img) then black screen. But here are my settings, so what are some good settings for FF8.

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: none

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

I have 4gb of ram, and windows xp 32 bit SP 3, 2.8ghz intel 2 duo processer.:yawn:

·
Banned
35,081 Posts

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
rip the image in .ccd or mdf format, when dealing with the copy protection the format you use is extremely important.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
have you tried mounting the image on a virtual drive?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Sorry, but i call LIAR.

CloneCD does not make CUE files.

Go find somewhere else to get help with your pirated/warezed rip.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
Sorry, but i call LIAR.

CloneCD does not make CUE files.

Go find somewhere else to get help with your pirated/warezed rip.
Yikes, have you used CloneCD before? Just as he mentioned, it makes an img, cue, sub, and ccd when it rips. Is there some sort of Ozzie/Kiwi grudge match going on here? :p

ffantasy8: update your graphics card drivers. Did you check out the thread I linked you to in my first reply? You may also want to try this thread for an OpenGL config (not OGL2).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah i try do these now, will edit once done but thanks hushypushy, yes i tryed OpenGL2 config, trying OpenGL now, yeh the ozzie needs to get his facts right haha.

*Edit ok it still does the same thing, it must be something else because i have tried so many config, updated graphics card, a complete new rip with 0 errors, thanks for helping but still black screen.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Yikes, have you used CloneCD before? Just as he mentioned, it makes an img, cue, sub, and ccd when it rips. Is there some sort of Ozzie/Kiwi grudge match going on here? :p

ffantasy8: update your graphics card drivers. Did you check out the thread I linked you to in my first reply? You may also want to try this thread for an OpenGL config (not OGL2).
Only if you actually click create cue sheet, which isn't required at all. Infact, the versions of CloneCD back when the guides were made didn't even have that option.

Rerip the game without the cue sheet, and use ClonyXXL 2.0.1.5 + Alcoholer to automatically create ripping profiles.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
updated my post.

ClonyXXL requires aspi though...

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Alcoholer never came with one, and the ClonyXXL faq is in german. :|

Theres not much documentation required though lol, both apps are pretty straight forward.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.