Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FF8 battles just show the monsters, characters and background, no ATB or anything else... I've tried different plugins and different settings for each video plugin. The only way I can bring up the combat bars is if I press F7, which is fine... but if I do that the graphics and game become sluggish and horrible looking.

Right now i'm using: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77(Works the best for me, bar the cutscenes...).

Is there any way to keep both the graphics and action bars without sacrificing either?

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Thanks!

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
frame skipping causes the hud to disappear, as it is rendered every second frame.

This is also why the true FPS doubles from 30(25) to 60(50) when going from world map to battle screen

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Not if you require frame skipping.

What are your system specs, we can get the fps up in other ways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frame skipping isn't enabled.

My Laptop:
Vista(Up to date) 32bit
Nvidia 8600M
2gigs ram
Intel Core 2 Duo(2.3GHz)

The game itself runs smooth even in cutscenes(With the odd drop in FPS but this is because of the plugin I use... The Cutscenes have been flawless in others but seriously drop in FPS after a few minutes of gameplay) it's just when I hit that F7 button to get my ATB up it slows down a bit(Still playable but I like to keep my fps above 24) and the graphics become terrible.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Theres no reason here why the laptop shouldn't get fullspeed with the opengl 1 plugin nor the opengl 2 plugin.

Post your settings, or i can give you a working config for the OGL2.9 plugin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh... ;p You're my saviour... The problem was mainly myself... I was using OGL1.7, which came with my ePSXe download, and didn't think to look for an update.

Using OGL 2.9 now and it works perfectly! Cutscenes are as good as they were on the PS/PS2 with no drop in FPS and game play/combat is flawless.

Thanks for your time! :)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
2.9 isn't an update ;) its an entirely different plugin to 1.7x.

both plugins are still worked on by pete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.