Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have Final Fantasy 8 but cant play it on my playstation (its a NTSC ver andi need PAL) so i got PSXeven emulator and loaded it up.

it all works ok (useing this settings ) battle on the world map works ok (i can use spells and everythign)

but once i enter the fire caven and goto use blizzard on the bombs the game just stops in the middle of an attack (the time still ticks down but when it reaches 0 nothing happens)

can some one help?

thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just woundering,

this problem would not be because its a NTSC game would it?

(I.e if the bios i have is a PAL ver (if they are different vers) then there may be a conflict)

when i get home im going to try makeing a ISO or MDS of my cd with Alcahol 120% and see if that helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,

ok ill clean it as soon as i get home.

i dont even know how / what save states are :S (new to playstation emulation)

thank you for ya help, ill let you know if cleaning the cd helps or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hello,

ok i have cleaned the CD and it still dose it, im trying to make a img of the disc useing Alcohol 120% useing its play station setting (allows mds and ccd images)
but i keep getting Disc Read Errors.

i read that page as well and it didnt help.

my computer specs (now im at home) are as follows

AMD Athlon 2400+ xp
windows xp
2Gig Ram
Radeon 9200 Video Card (1600*1200 pix 32bit)

Thank you for all the help.

---EDIT---

i just found out, in the fire cavern if i dont use magic but use a GF it kicks me from the game all togeather.. :hdbash: :cuss2:

---END EDIT---

·
Registered
654 Posts
If Alcohol 120% can't make an image of it without read errors, then you've got a bad disk.

It may just be marginal, though. Go to File->Options, then the Read category. Your settings on that page should look like the attached image.

Does your disk have any label-side scratches? Can you see light shining through scratches or pinholes if you hold the disk up to a bright light, bottom side towards you? If so your disk is damaged beyond repair.

If it's got disk rot, whether you can salvage the data from the disk depends on how far gone it is.

If it has bottom-side scratches that aren't too deep, you might be able to resurface the disk with something like a Disk Doctor. [highlight]Caution:[/highlight] Anything less than precisely correct use of a Disk Doctor (CD-Doctor, DVD-Doctor, Game-Doctor, they're all the same) can result in a disk with worse damage than before.

Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,

thank you for your reply.

ill try this when i get home disarvo.

Does your disk have any label-side scratches?

no there are no Label-side scratches on the cd

Can you see light shining through scratches or pinholes if you hold the disk up to a bright light, bottom side towards you?

no i cant see light shining thought scratches or any pinholes.

ill go into the options when i get home and do as u suggested..

i dont want to try disc doctor just yet, untill all options have been tested :D

thank you once again for your informaiton.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.