Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Heretic
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some thinking today and I remembered something long forgotton about FFAC. In the early days when everyone was anticipating every last screenshot there was a lot of FFAC merchandise already being exchanged. T-Shirts, necklaces, lighters. wallscrolls... But what was on these merchandise? The Lion Symbol. Some little Lion thing attached to Cloud's shoulder with absolutely no story significance that only had about 3 seconds of screen time in the final pitch. But if you go back and look at some of Square's first official wallpapers for the movie the lion symbol is completely convering it. Was the significance of this symbol cut out before release or was it a symbol of the movie itself, for the marketting of an unreleased product. What do you guys think?

· Registered
235 Posts
I figured the Lion symbol was an FF8 thing. To be honest I'm glad it's gone, because it has absolutely no heritage with FF7. They introduced too much to FF7 with AC, and now I have stupid kids arguing with me over semantic bull that is unrelated to FF7 in game context.

i.e. the other day, when the only other 'nerd' in my office insisted you could summon ultimate weapon in FF7, citing AC and fan fiction as a reputable source :/

Gah, anyway, I've offtopic ranted too much, so I'll finish this up:

I have no idea what happened to it, but I'm glad it's gone.

· Registered
1,517 Posts
It's a wolf, cloudvii got it. There's some underlying meaning to the wolf in the movie, which is why wolves can be seen in short random scenes during the film. What exactly this signifigance is though I'll be damned if I know.

· Registered
13,839 Posts
Maybe you think too much, it could be just a some idiot idea of putting it up on the screen...

But to tell you the truth there is much work done in the back and is not shown on film, when movie is made, I remember some star wars document that had explained how they had group of people just figuring out the way how the lightsaber COULD work, though there is no mention about it on the films...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.