Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note I'm just bought the CD's and I'm trying to run it on my notebook. It's 1.63 GHZ with 128 Nvidia card.

When I first go into the menu and click on "equip" it works fine but if I go out and come back in quickly it slows down then if I do it again the game freezes and the sounds slows down. Sometimes it freezes the first time. This is similar for going to items or any other tab in the menu

here are the specs
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce Go 6800/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
[32 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: 65.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: on
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000001]

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
first of all, you can use Pete's OGL2 plugin with that. no matter what you do though, turn FPS limit to 60, and turn off frameskipping. you might want to turn off screen smoothing too (you can use smoothing shaders in OGL2 if you'd like, which looks a lotttt better).

if you want to use OGL2, check this http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=649362#post649362

also, make sure you're using an updated driver from www.nvidia.com and that your laptop is either plugged into the wall, and/or all power saving functions of the laptop are turned off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It helped a little but I still crashes whenever I goto the menu multiple times.

I'm also unable to burn an image of the CD since I don't have program to do it. I only have the demo version of ISO magic but that only allows me to create image files up to 300 megs.

Any other possible suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.