Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tweaking w/ my settings for days to no avail. Using Eternal SPU and PEOP's SPU, I can't get sound to work correctly. Here are the problems:

Eternal
gets wierd buffer glitches in city/town areas. When screen shifts, backround music "jumps". Also, battle music notes that are supposed to be held are getting cut off.

PEOPS

Sound works perfectly except for battle fighting sounds. They become simplified, sometimes even silly mockeries of the regular sounds.

Does anyone know of workarounds for either of these plugins? should I be using ePSXe 1.5.2?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
yeah, first off start with ePSXe 1.5.2.

try using SPUasync/smooth mode with Eternal.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried both of those. ePSXe 1.5.2 doesn't seem to have any difference in sound quality or anything like that.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
since you have an Nforce2 mobo i can assume you're using Nforce audio, either Realtek or Soundstorm. are your nforce drivers updated?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, i'm actually really far behind on that. Coulda sworn windows update at least "detected" a new update for this kind of thing. Gonna take awhile on my 56k though.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
windows update = bull**** for that sort of thing. it wanted me to download some crappy drivers from 2002 for my FX5600 oO

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updating the drivers seems to have done it. I went through regular battles and boss battles, and the music seems to be fixed. Thanks hushy

·
Registered
66 Posts
What's the currently best sound plugin?

There should be a thread sticky with all the recommended plugins and where to get them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use Eternal for just about everything. PEOPS works well for the other ones

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well if you go to the plugins page it lists the ones in order from best to worst :rolleyes:

but yeah, Eternal is the best, but Pete's Dsound just came out with a new version with some good new changes, so you can always try that too.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
there is no newer version of the ePSXe SPU, newest is 1.5.2. besides, why would you wnat to use it? it's not very good at all, especially considering Eternal and Pete's Dsound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts