Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the message board, and in need of urgent help.
So, playing through the game I got to Wutai, and further proceeding the plot, I got to a point where I had to fight a boss, 'Rapps' it is called. The problem is - this battle slows down to a speed that stops any video playing, and the music going horrendously slow. (This is JUST after the swirl starts)

I'm sure it isn't the processor, graphics card and amount of ram I have, as the game has ran a solid 59.9/60.0 FPS through out nearly everything.
I twiggled with the settings in the GPU Plugin 1.75 and it still did not effect what so ever with the situation.
Any help will be great!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well first of all use ePSXe 1.5.2 if you arent already (you can also use PSXeven too..the point is ePSXe 1.6.0 is not good for FF7).

are you playing off a CD? try making an ISO out of it. have you tried a different video plugin?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I played it on version 1.5.2.
Intrestingly, when the battle started - the dos windows showed a message saying:
"Error Reading CD: 4, 41, 1"
"Error Reading CD: 4, 41, 17"
Alas, the msf file is the core of the problem! Possibly...
Is it possible if anyone could upload a save file which is past the boss fight?
Oh, and I tried making an ISO file, it didn't go so well :(

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Try remaking the ISO from the original disc. Also, try playing with peops gpu, as it's the most compatible gpu plugin, to make sure it isn't a gpu problem. You can also try with a different emulator, like PSXeven.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem as well (error at 4,41,17)
Seems we got the game from the same source.
Can some one please get past this point of the game for me... (shouldn't be too hard with my levels)
It'll mean a lot if i actually get to play my save (with my distinct characters that took time to train =_=)
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
No. Read the [rules]rules[/rules]. This is a known bug with a pirated ISO that's floating around filesharing programs, so no help to you. Consider this your first warning. Closing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.