Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been playing FF7 on ePSXe from an image file that I downloaded from *snip*. It runs absolutely fine. Sometimes, though, I'd like to play it and listen to some other music on my computer, so I disable the sound on the emulator. When I do that, the game screws up. Here's an example: when I start the game with the sound off, it won't move past the opening screen that says "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents." If I use the load state function to bypass that, it will run fine until I get into a battle or walk through a door into a different area. It won't move past the black loading screen. So, the problem seems to be that the game can't load new screens or switch into a different mode (i.e. switch to battle mode from world map mode) without the sound enabled. This isn't that big of a problem per se, but I'm interested to know if there is a solution or if anyone has encountered a similar problem.

In case it's relevant, I'm using Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77 for graphics and Eternal SPU 1.50 for sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.