Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FF7 RAR, again... read before replying please.

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hushypushy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, my original FF7 cds are broken so i downloaded them from *removed* as RAR files since they were in that form (cd1 in 12 separare RAR files etc) and now i'm wondering how I can get it to work with ePSXe, i have it configured and all but no idea how to make the RAR files to work, or how to get the supposed cd image i need to run with the emulator.

Ask me if this seems confusing as i probably didn't explain it that clearly, thanks for the help if someone can help me.

Reposting the same thing since obviously it wasn't read before closing the thread... I clearly state that MY ORIGINAL CDS ARE BROKEN (my little brother had some fun with em) so i cannot use those... Ware downloading is like the stupidest idea ever since buying = supporting the game industry.

Probably this will also get closed since some ppl seems to have problems reading before hitting the reply button.

Edit: I did read the rules before posting the first thread btw, since i own the game irl, although its broken, downloading the files is not illegal for me. Thus is not "warez".

#3 ·
Hey, my original FF7 cds are broken so i downloaded them from romhustler.com as RAR files since they were in that form (cd1 in 12 separare RAR files etc) and now i'm wondering how I can get it to work with ePSXe, i have it configured and all but no idea how to make the RAR files to work, or how to get the supposed cd image i need to run with the emulator.

Ask me if this seems confusing as i probably didn't explain it that clearly, thanks for the help if someone can help me.

Reposting the same thing since obviously it wasn't read before closing the thread... I clearly state that MY ORIGINAL CDS ARE BROKEN (my little brother had some fun with em) so i cannot use those... Ware downloading is like the stupidest idea ever since buying = supporting the game industry.

Probably this will also get closed since some ppl seems to have problems reading before hitting the reply button.

Edit: I did read the rules before posting the first thread btw, since i own the game irl, although its broken, downloading the files is not illegal for me. Thus is not "warez".
it is illegal to download copyrighted material, regardless of past or current ownership. if you copy is damaged, you are going to have to buy another or have a replacement copy shipped to you from the publisher.

please do not make additional threads on this topic, i close them for a reason and the reason being, as already stated by myself and redlion as well, is that we do not offer support for users in possession of warez.

closed.

#4 ·
If you can't figure out how to unRAR your warez, you have no place using them, and don't deserve the help to figure out the emulator IMO.

Even if it's legal in your country (quite possible, I don't know what's up in Finland), this site takes a strict no tolerance policy because we don't want to cross into the grey area at all, in a legal sense.

Plus, while there are certainly a few sites out there that can make a proper PSX game rip (we offer plenty of tutorials here on how to do it correctly), the amount of threads I've seen on improperly ripped warez'd ISO's is ridiculous. PSX emulation is finicky, and bad data = bad emulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.