Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I really need some help. I have the pSX emulator and I been playing the ff7 for euro and it worked perfectly all the way up to disc two at the part where you give the key to the Ancient City to Red XIII's grandfather, but from there it freezes. I'm kinda clueless of what to do cause I've never encountered this problem before.

Another problem I been having is trying to get the .mcr files to load correctly. Recently, I've downloaded a few .gme save files and converted it to .mcr using psxmemtool 1.19b and when I try to load the game the slots are all empty.

If anyone can help it be much appreciated

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,828 Posts
your proably trying to load a us or jap save game on the pal version. as for the freeze its proably a bad rip. or a scratch on the disc if your playing from the disc

·
Registered
202 Posts
Probably a bad rip. The freeze at the city of the ancients problem has been around for ages and has been confirmed to be a bad rip problem.

I just got past that part on my game with no problem at all. Be sure to rip the game in .img, .ccd, and .sub format with alcohol 52 and that should solve that problem.

If you are playing from the disk make sure it can read subchannel info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm I think thats the problem but I've lost my original disk D:. And all i have is this iso version. Do you guys know where I can get an english version of FF7 pal?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.